How to enable ethernet ports?
deadsetonlivin

I found the settings in under "network connections" but it wouldn't activate. 

Any help?

0 Likes
Re: How to enable ethernet ports?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

ethernet ports on your router, should be active at all times.  After you plug something in on both ends, and both router and your device are powered on, do you see the LAN light of the port blink?

So for example you have a laptop, it's powered on, you have an ethernet cable plugged into it and the other end into port number 3 on the back of the router, doe sthe number 3 light, light up?  

never use that white one for a lan hook up, only use the yellow plug ins

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Are you asking about enabling or rather about port forwarding?

0 Likes
deadsetonlivin

That's what should should happen, lights light up and I'm gone. But, Its not. No lights on the ethernet ports at all. 

The cord is good, tried 3 different comps, both mac and pc, its gotta be a setting in my router because wireless works fine. I just need more speed.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've had the switch go out in the router exhibiting symptoms similar to what you describe.  If you've tried multiple devices and multiple cables with no success, then I'd call tech support and describe these exact efforts (don't go into detail on checking the router, etc. as that will just confuse them -- as others have said, the ports are automatically active).   The should simply come to the conclusion that the switch portion of the router is bad and send you a new replacement router.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I think they replace them at the stores too now,  so check if there is a store close by

https://www22.verizon.com/home/storelocator/

0 Likes