Re: How to file a complaint with Verizon customer service
sherryschus

Thank you Warren ...supervisor Warren

The final response to me having no phone....

there is nothing we can do and there is no way we can have someone there on Monday - it will be much worse then that

NO PHONE...

woman pregnant - due in 7 days

sure hope there is no need to call 911 since there is NO PHONE and WARREN says ...again ...there is NOTHING that can be done

BYE BYE Verizon

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi sherryschus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Sherry,

I sent you a PM to get some information to help you.

-adam

0 Likes
wehrsg

I am having the same issue.  I upgraded my FIOS internet on 3 July 2012 from 25/5 to 75/35.  On the mmorning of 3 July 2012, my service jumped to 50/30, and one hour later it dropped to 25/30 (using Verizon Speed Test).  My download speeds have been capped at 25 MBS ever since.  I have had three service calls so far.  The first technician ran me through all the trouble shooting steps, by the book (FYI - I am a LAN/WAN admisntrator and IT professional).  His diagnosis was the router I had needed upgrading, as it was 2 years old - ActionTec MI424WR Rev D.  A new router was shipped and arrived in a couple of days (Actiontec M!424WR Rev F).  Still no luck.  Caled Verizon again, ran through the the troubleshooting with another tech, and his diagnosis - My Coax would not support the higher speeds.  A service call {edited for privacy} was scheduled and a tech arrived on 20 July 2012.  The tech that arrived was a wire installer and not an IT person, but assured me that I did not have to upgrade to Ethernet for the higher speeds.  He reconfigured my ONT for ethernet and we tested at the box with the same results.  He replaced ALL my equipment (router, ONT), with the same results.  The detailed results of the Verizon Speed Test and Optimaization show that my connection is a T3/DS3 at 45 MBS but Verizon seems unwilling to acknowledge that they have not upgraded my circuit.  Ironically, while I typing this message, Verizon just called (automated) to let me know they had repaired my problem.  I just tested my circuit and it is still capped at 25MBS.

There is no easy way to complain or get resolution with this company, and I'm about out of optiosn short of cutting off the service.

Broadband Speed Test
Analysis information:

Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done
SendBufferSize set to [261360]
running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 36.45Mb/s
running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 25.21Mb/s

------ Client System Details ------
OS data: Name = Windows 7, Architecture = x86, Version = 6.1
Java data: Vendor = Sun Microsystems Inc., Version = 1.6.0_33

------ Web100 Detailed Analysis ------
Client Receive Window detected at 261360 bytes.
45 Mbps T3/DS3 link found.
Link set to Full Duplex mode
No network congestion discovered.
Good network cable(s) found
Normal duplex operation found.

Web100 reports the Round trip time = 77.42 msec; the Packet size = 1452 Bytes; and
No packet loss - but packets arrived out-of-order 0.01% of the time
This connection is receiver limited 22.08% of the time.
This connection is sender limited 77.33% of the time.
This connection is network limited 0.59% of the time.

Web100 reports TCP negotiated the optional Performance Settings to:
RFC 2018 Selective Acknowledgment: ON
RFC 896 Nagle Algorithm: ON
RFC 3168 Explicit Congestion Notification: OFF
RFC 1323 Time Stamping: OFF
RFC 1323 Window Scaling: ON
Information: Network Middlebox is modifying MSS variable
Server IP addresses are preserved End-to-End
Information: Network Address Translation (NAT) box is modifying the Client's IP address
Server says {edited for privacy}but Client says [192.168.3.101]

0 Likes
benvalladares

I have a Verizon line hanging low to the ground from pole to pole in front of my house that is almost blocking my driveway. I know it's a Verizon line, because when I called TECO (thinking it was their power line) I got immediate assistance and someone came out to fix it. They noted it was a Verizon line and toled me to call Verizon. I called Verizon, and as anyone who is on this thread knows, it is extremely difficult to get to a person on the phone or find the right department to get help. Verizon has many different departments for the many issues that one could have with their service, and none of theses departments has any knowledge of the others except for a phone number. So after waiting ~10 minutes to get to speak with a representative, I was transferred to one of the other many departments and waited another similar amount of time. After giving information to the representative, I was told it would be taken care of within 48 hours. Of course, I reported it on a thursday and it is now sunday evening and no one has contacted me or come out to fix this line. So I called the "customer service" number again and waited again and was given a number to call to another department that the representative assured me would be the appropriate department to help me. When I called this number it asked for a VZ number, which I don't have, and ended up hanging up on me without even offering a customer service representative. I have now made another call back to the "customer service" line to offer my final attempt at getting this issue resolved. Magically, this person was able to not only tell me about my previous call and who the report was referred to, but she told me she was going to refer the report/complaint to the right department who has availability to fix the line between 8am and 5pm tomorrow. This was only after I expressed that this was my final attempt and that if this line was blocking my property tomorrow that I will remove it myself. Verizon has severe lack of efficiency and proficiency with customer service, and this is obviously, deliberately engineered. I can remember when I had verizon and they changed to many seperate departments. I remember that my problems with verizon only compounded from that time. I am going to be moving within the near future and I don't see Verizon in that future. I would rather pay more for a service that actually gives me fewer problems and one that offers actual customer service that can accomplish something.

0 Likes
NazaS

It has been a week since I am trying to either change or disconnect my current service due to the fact that I bought a house and moved. I was a FIOS customer until I moved to the new location. The Verizon retention department had convinced me not to switch to At&t and stay with Verizon but since FIOS is not available at my new address, I was offered a bundle containing a residential phone line, DSL and DirectTV. I was promised that my phone number would move as well.

I was told that I would be getting one bill, including all 3 services. I was also charged $19.99 for the DSL modem shipping.

However, my old number was not moved and I was given a new number, my Internet is still not working as I am now told that DSL is not available at my new address either. The DirectTV dish has been installed and service has been activated for 4 days now. When I was signing up for the service I expected a certain price and certain service - a triple bundle for $80+ a month but it turned out to be a scam. Now that Verizon had realized that they cannot provide me with the Internet service, I am stuck with DirectTV for $118 a month! I then have to pay somebody for the phone line and Internet separately! I contacted DirectTV and they said that I would have to remain with them or pay early termination fee, if disconnected! But I never signed up for anything separate with DirectTV to begin with! Verzion should have known that hey’d be unable to provide service before signing me up and forcing me into the DirectTV service.

I expect that Verizon ensures that I do not lose a single dollar when I cancel the DirectTV service. I am switching to Cablevision for all services (triple play) and expect that I would not be charged any early termination fees by neither Verizon nor DirectTV as Verizon’s inability to fulfill the contract requirements is not my fault and I should not be charged for it.

I will try to call Verizon again on Monday one last time and repeat my story all over again as I do each time I call. I then will be contacting BBB and consumer protection agencies to get help with this.

0 Likes
wehrsg

Well, finally got my issue resolved after 3 help desk calls, and 3 different technicians visited my house.  Bottom line is my upgrade was not processed correctly and the field techs could not do anything to help.  I finally got a field service tech who would not give up once he identified the problem, but it still took him 4 days to get the circuit provisioned correctly.

0 Likes
ladydaguilar53

Hello

On Friday 8 3 12 around Pm spoke with Melissa she would not give her last name nor let me speak with SUP

I had called in due to mistakes that last CSR made last month on account. I am now speaking with a nice lady she is telling me how to file a complaint. If you look in my notes and look at her ID number any way possible listen to the way this woman talked to me and treated me she was terrible and on top of that she left me hold then the office was close. I want feed back that this woman is punished in some way. I will write the president of the company and drop my service. This treatment is un acceptable.

You can call my cell {edited for privacy} or email me at {edited for privacy} my home phone is {edited for privacy} I do not answer the home phone.  If this call is recorded it would be to your advantage to know Melissa does not belong in CS.

Thanks

Sincerely

Dianna{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users.

@ladydaguilar53 wrote:

Hello

On Friday 8 3 12 around Pm spoke with Melissa she would not give her last name nor let me speak with SUP

I had called in due to mistakes that last CSR made last month on account. I am now speaking with a nice lady she is telling me how to file a complaint. If you look in my notes and look at her ID number any way possible listen to the way this woman talked to me and treated me she was terrible and on top of that she left me hold then the office was close. I want feed back that this woman is punished in some way. I will write the president of the company and drop my service. This treatment is un acceptable.

You can call my cell {edited for privacy} or email me at {edited for privacy} my home phone is {edited for privacy} I do not answer the home phone.  If this call is recorded it would be to your advantage to know Melissa does not belong in CS.

Thanks

Sincerely

Dianna{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Natando

I would also like to know how to file a complaint with Verizon.  I am trying to get a new router installed in my home.  I scheduled the service about 10 days ago and no technician showed up. I rescheduled the service for today and no technician showed up again.  I was on hold for more than 20 minutes and was disconnected. I am on hold again and it has been more than 20 minutes and I have yet to speak to someone. 

0 Likes