Re: In-Home Agent and Windows 7, 64 bit
davidh1

Could you guys at least make it FAIL on Windows 7 64-bits?  Every time I need something I get prompted and re-directed to use InHome agent.  I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and the inhome agent takes liek 4-5 minutes to come up, the feedback button takes like 3 minutes to "load a form" and then gives you a blank page, nothing works.

I hate it that something that should take 30 seconds to do causes me to spend 1/2 an hour fighting your software. The same goes for your website, unfortunately.

I like Fios, but when I recommend it I tell people "Verizon has just about the WORST support software in the industry". Don't expect a lot from their web site, their voice mail on a PC, their order management system, etc., etc., etc". 

Very aggravated.

Dave

0 Likes
pl626
Contributor - Level 1

@davidh1 wrote:

Could you guys at least make it FAIL on Windows 7 64-bits?  Every time I need something I get prompted and re-directed to use InHome agent.  I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and the inhome agent takes liek 4-5 minutes to come up, the feedback button takes like 3 minutes to "load a form" and then gives you a blank page, nothing works.

I hate it that something that should take 30 seconds to do causes me to spend 1/2 an hour fighting your software. The same goes for your website, unfortunately.

I like Fios, but when I recommend it I tell people "Verizon has just about the WORST support software in the industry". Don't expect a lot from their web site, their voice mail on a PC, their order management system, etc., etc., etc". 

Very aggravated.

Dave

I have to agree with Dave.  I also have W7 Ultimate x64 and I removed the V* sw because it was bloatware.  Also, it's ridiculous that sometimes it takes forever for the V* website to load when I don't have a bandwidth issue (I've run speedtest while waiting for the V* site to load).

As far as IHA, the messages weren't very helpful.  When will V* start to care about the user experience, especially from a support perspective?  I also tell everyone that FIOS is great, as long as it works.  If you need help, fugitabotit!

Ordering things on the web should be easy, like DirecTV, not a CF like the V* site.  If I could get the HD D* signal, I'd go back, just because the user experience is so much better than V*...

Ventoux11

Wow.  So this possibly explains why in-home agent didn't seem to work on my machine and eventually had to be deleted.  Seems pretty basic that verizon should warn folks of this incompatability.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Ventoux11, this is a VERY old post. It no longer has relevant information. IHA is fully compatible with Windows 7 64-bit now.

0 Likes
GeezingInVA2
Enthusiast - Level 2

"this is a VERY old post. It no longer has relevant information. IHA is fully compatible with Windows 7 64-bit now."

FAIL! IHA still does not work on Win7 x64. Thanks for playing anyway. UNINSTALL.  😕

0 Likes
Viper82
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree.  It has FAILED.  It seems that Verizon has also failed.  They forgot customer service.  They like the money but give bad service.  This has been failing for some time and it seems that they can not or will not fix it.  More of a headache than is needed.  I guess the only thing to do is let the contract expire and go to some else.  Maybe I can find a 6th grader to fix the program.  If they think the new version works, they are wrong.  It opens and looks nice but all of the links go nowhere.  And do not start talking about support or ability to file a ticket.  All they can to is "chat" with you.  

0 Likes
GeezingInVA2
Enthusiast - Level 2

We've had FiOS for more than two years, and In-Home Agent has never, ever worked on any of our W7x64-bit PCs. That's three desktops and two laptops. Never. Ever. The "best" it's ever worked is displaying its start-up splash screen, and then it freezes until it's manually stopped. Just another example of Verizon customer support at its best.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes