Kindle will not connect to Verizon Fios Router
Skylor

I have a Kindle Keyboard that used to connect easily to my Verizon Fios Router via Wifi .  During the past few weeks, the Kindle will not even find the network.  It shows Zero networks available.  My laptop and Iphone still connect without any problems.

The model Router/Modem  is Actiontec Mi424-WR - Rev F. 

The Kindle is able to connect at WiFi hotspots so I can only guess that something on Verizon's end has changed.

I have already contacted Kindle Support but they have not been able to pinpoint the problem.  They sent me a new Kindle but it has the same issues.

Any suggestions to help resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
Re: Kindle will not connect to Verizon Fios Router
aadam101
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you have other wifi devices that are able to find your network?

Have you tried to do a factory  reset on the router?

0 Likes
Skylor

My laptop, Iphone, and wireless printer can all find and work on the wifi network.  I have also reset the router by pressing the reset button with a paper clip.

0 Likes
Skylor

This issue has been resolved but I do not know why it miraculously started to work again.  I reset my Router, switched to Google DNS Servers, and released / renewed the IP Address.

0 Likes
Skylor

I thought the problem was resolved but it is not.  It worked for a few days and now it is back to not recognizing the Fios wireless network.  Is the problem on Verizon's end? 

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I suggest you change the wireless security from WEP to WPA-PSK.

WPA is a better security method.  PSK is a pre-shared key that is much easier to remember since its a passcode you will choose.

0 Likes
Skylor

Security is already set at WPA-PSK.  I still cannot connect through my router. 

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Are you sure you are trying to connect to you ssid and have the correct key?

0 Likes
lbelsie

I'm having the same problem connecting: My basic Kindle won't accept the password. I have at Actiontec router Rev. I with WPA2 security. The Kindle is set for WPA2 and connection type DHCP. I've tried both the password and the WPA2 key on the bottom of the router. I know I have not changed these settings. Kindle still refuses to connect. Help!

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@lbelsie wrote:

I'm having the same problem connecting: My basic Kindle won't accept the password. I have at Actiontec router Rev. I with WPA2 security. The Kindle is set for WPA2 and connection type DHCP. I've tried both the password and the WPA2 key on the bottom of the router. I know I have not changed these settings. Kindle still refuses to connect. Help!

Not sure why its not working.  It wants the WPA2 key.  Is the key shown a 64 hexadecimal key or a shorter (63 or less) ASCII passphrase?  For passphrases, they are case sensitive.  64 hexadecimal keys are not.

0 Likes