Limit Bandwidth certain ip or mac on Westell 9100em
komplex

I am trying to figure out how to limit bandwidth to a certain ip or mac address. I have a tennant I rent a room to and he totally slows down my whole internet so I am wanting to limit him with the qos. I figured it would be something with setting up traffic shaping, adding a class and then assigning a certain ip or mac to the class but can't do it.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Limit Bandwidth certain ip or mac on Westell 9100em
Hubrisnxs
Legend

http://www.actiontec.com/products/info_page.php?pid=9

I am not sure if you are going to be able to succesfully limit bandwitdth consumption of a certain IP Address, but you can block applications and protocols that are known to hog bandwidth through access controls and things like that.   Use the link above for help with configurations. 

For traffic shaping, you CAN do that in the QOS - but when I Went in there, I didn't notice if it let me specify an IP address under traffic shaping, but under traffic priority you can. 

I haven't done it myself, but that is where I Can do it if I wanted to.  try doing it under traffic priority and see if that is enough,  if it isn't then just out of curiosity what happens when you try it under traffic shaping adding a class and then setting up an ip under that class name?

@komplex wrote:

I am trying to figure out how to limit bandwidth to a certain ip or mac address. I have a tennant I rent a room to and he totally slows down my whole internet so I am wanting to limit him with the qos. I figured it would be something with setting up traffic shaping, adding a class and then assigning a certain ip or mac to the class but can't do it.

Thanks!