MI424WR Router Password
js301

Any idea what a Verizon tech would have changed the password to?  I tried the default combo (admin / password, and also admin and the serial number for the password.  No luck.  password1 also does not work.

I am very hesitant to reset to factory defaults, as I fear that custom settings related to home wireless network and home a/v systems might be lost (any words of wisdom on whether these fears are valid would be welcomed as well).

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: MI424WR Router Password
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@js30 wrote:

Any idea what a Verizon tech would have changed the password to?  I tried the default combo (admin / password, and also admin and the serial number for the password.  No luck.  password1 also does not work.

I am very hesitant to reset to factory defaults, as I fear that custom settings related to home wireless network and home a/v systems might be lost (any words of wisdom on whether these fears are valid would be welcomed as well).

Thanks

If you've customized settings for wireless, then you were able to login at one point so you had the password.If password, password1 and the serial number (upper case) don't work, and you don't remember the password, then you are going to need to do a hard reset to restore the router to factory defaults.   Any customizations you've done will be lost.

prisaz
Legend

Is it possible that at any one time, you may have changed it to your Verizon account password? Just a thought.

CapnCrunch
Contributor - Level 2

To improve the security of your Broadband Home Router, Verizon reset the router administrative password to match the serial number located on the router back in July 2010.  You should have gotten an email a while back.  Here is the email text below. 

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

Customer security is a top priority for Verizon and we are currently in the process of reviewing administrative password security for the FiOS Broadband Home Routers that Verizon provides as a part of our FiOS services.

You are receiving this email because we identified that your FiOS Broadband Home Router has a "default" password (like "password1" or "admin1"). To improve the security of your Broadband Home Router, we have reset the router administrative password to match the serial number located on the router. The router username will remain the same.

Please note that there is no action required on your part: this security update will not impact use of your computer or your FiOS Internet service and will not change any of your personal network, web or email settings.

If you would like more information about this matter or instructions on how to locate the router's serial number, please visit http://support.verizon.com/fiossecurerouter.

We value you as a customer and look forward to continuing to serve you.

Sincerely,

Verizon

0 Likes
mishu

I'm trying to reset my router password Am already reset it but I can't access your web sight ????

User name and password 

I write all things in User name  admin admin1 , ADMIN ,ADMIN 1 AND PASSWORD .. PASSWORD AND PASSWORD1

and password and password1 .. I can't access my account to change the default password and also I can't change network name ?????!!!! 

Help please

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

After a fresh modem reset, the password is always admin/password . Once you enter that in the modem will ask you for a new password to be set. If it is anything else, either the username was changed (possible on older modems, unsure about newer ones but I presume it's possible), or the password was changed away from the typical ones used by the techs. Generally the username is always admin.

0 Likes