Need advices about low FIOS internet speed
Sanvator

I just updated my 15/5 FIOS to quantum 50/25 a few days ago. Before the update both download speed on the PC that connected directly to the Actiontec router and the PC in my room ( which I use primarily & connect wirelessly) was about 1.8 mb/s. After the update the download speed on the PC that connect directly to the router go up to 5-6 mb/s which is great . However, the download speed on my PC only go up to 2.5-2.6 mb/s  Man Sad  So I think that perhaps the sigmal from the router is not strong enough (my PC is about 60 ft from the router)

So I think that I need to either:

a) Change the setting on the router ( update firmware or something O.o?) which I know nothing about

b) Buy a good router and set up a second router so it send a stronger signal to my PC, or

c) Buy a network adapter so that my PC can reach & get better signal from the router ( correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I think how network adapter work --___-- )

Please give me your advices and what option should I go with (I don't know much when it get to the technical stuff so if possible pls elaporate). Thank you.

0 Likes