New Customer - Fios WORSE than Optimum!!!
BigD311
How's THIS for the start of a business "relationship" - In the 2 weeks I have had this service, I've placed 9 calls for various problems with their service; lost tv service twice; Internet service every day I log on and now phone service! I've had to spend hours on the phone with them and have had to spend the better part of 2 days at home waiting for them to attempt to fix whatever issues there are! They should be paying ME for MY time and all the aggravation!!! It's been more than 6 hours since my last call!!!
0 Likes
Re: New Customer - Fios WORSE than Optimum!!!
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Quick question: Would you happen to know if during your calls to Verizon, if Verizon had checked your ONT's logs to ensure it's getting a clean signal and the ONT is not defective?

0 Likes
BigD311

after waiting all day (fgrom 9am - 5;50pm, for the tech to arrive, it turns out that thbe "box" located on a pole a few blocks away; "somehow" my connection (i think he called it a "reservation"?) was replaced by somneone else!!!..translation - "somehow; someway", my connection was manually disconnected and re-connectred to "another household"!!!..how else can they expain a problem at that box that ONLY affected MY household!!!..after nthe tech stated, "well, it could have been any number of terchs at that pole!"... i told the tech that based on the time of my loss of service that the dispatcher should be able to figure out who was up the pole at that time and all he could do was look at me and smile!!!..after two weks of this nonesense i'm about done with fios, unless they can perform some sort of "CPR" to save THIS "patient"; or should i say "IMPATIENT"!!!

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I'm sorry to hear about your repair issue. The Verizon Forums is a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. Because your issue appears to need account specific assistance from Verizon, I've copied your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible. 

0 Likes
BigD311
Thank you very much! That's pretty awesome of you! Although the issue has been resolved, I'm more than a bit concerned about ANY future issues, should I decide to keep the service past the initial 30 day cancellation period! So far in the 15 days I've had the service, I would have to rate the services an F-!!!
Beyond awful!!!
0 Likes
questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

It's really that bad?  I don't know...I don't think it's uncommon to have kinks that have to be worked out when a new Fios or cable service is installed.  It has happened to me before but each time, the problem got resolved and I have moved on.  We're all familiar with aggravation and stress.  Welcome to the club.  The way I look at it, nothing can be guaranteed to work out perfectly every time.  I just see that as a part of life.  Decide whatever you want to do but it sounds like you need to relax and just give it some time.

When I had my Fios installed, I had to get a tech back over to my house because the wiring in my phone jack was messed up.  It took me months to understand the Fios voice mail which wasn't explained to me and that I need to have my answering machine turned off so my voice messges don't get scattered, not to mention that I didn't do anything until recently about my Oulook Express still being configured for my old ISP, simply because I just didn't have the time.  Several months ago, my STB was replaced because my TV wasn't displaying the picture but then it turned out that the problem was due to a damaged wire in my bedroom closet. 

Am I right to say that your problem has now been resolved?  What is it that makes this ordeal of yours "beyond awful", like you say?  Is it the end of the world?

I don't know....I'm not saying this is you but just in general, sometimes I get confused about why some people post here.  Is it to get help with solving a problem or is it just to bellyache?  

Sorry if any of this is sounding parental or like I am lecturing because that's not my intention.

BigD311
They concerns over this are due to my extreme dislike of the feeling of getting "ripped off" or being taken advantage of. I'm NOT. Implying that that happened here; however my initial contacts with the sales rep and his lack of follow up on his promises started this "relationship" on a less than sturdy foundation. Then compounding that with all the problems I've had in 2 weeks made me feel that the decision I made to switch from cable, after 25 years, was a bad choice. I only posted on here, thinking that this is a Verizon site and that perhaps it would be to everyone's benefit to post. For me, I was hoping to be contacted by a supervisor or manager and for Fios, it would afford them an opportunity to look at how they might improve the customer experience. No "bellyaching" here!
Thanks again for your assistance.
0 Likes
questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

This is a support forum and I'm a Verizon customer like you.  We're here to help each other as well.  I just don't understand how you think you're being taken advantage of or ripped off.  I really doubt that anyone was out to get you personally.  A lot of sales reps will say anything to get your business.  I don't put emphasis on every single thing they say.  It sounds like your problem got resolved.  I don't know...there aren't too many things that I take personally anymore.  I'm not saying that you're bellyaching.  I was just trying to help with another perspective. 

You could also pick up the phone and speak to a supervisor or manager in customer service to voice your concerns. 

There is also the idea exchange if you have an idea or suggestion to post that Fios customers can vote on.

Take it easy.

pinebaron1

For two weeks now I don't have interactive guide or VOD, my scheduled recordings are also failing.  It was determined the ONT is defective; techs dont have time to come over on Saturday; weekdays noone is available.  A few weeks ago the router failed and that they sent me which resolved the issue.  Now I'm stuck with no guides on my six stb boxes three with dvr now useless.  Don't know what to do.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”
If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

0 Likes