No service for a week
mk_braun
Enthusiast - Level 1

Our Fios service has been out since the weekend.  I called Verizon on Tuesday who promised me someone would come and take a look on Wednesday.  I found out late Wednesday that it would actually be on Thursday.  Today, Thursday, at 11:07am I got a text message from Verizon telling me the ticket had been closed.  I then received an automated call from them at 11:25am asking me if I wanted to keep my service call or not.  Since service had not been restored, I did NOT cancel the call.

I spoke with a supervisor at Verizon who told me my service call had been canceled per the customer  ????

And since I work from home, the lack of internet has been a huge problem.  It's only 2pm now, and they are now telling me no one will come until tomorrow or Saturday.  My whole week was wasted.  Will Verizon pay my week's salary since they did not allow me to perform my work?  How can I talk to the dispatch center?  The customer service folks will not transfer us to the dispatch people who are the ones who actually go out and fix the problem.  There is a big disconnect... Amazingly ineffective...

0 Likes
Re: No service for a week
tomservo1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd like to be able to add words of encouragement, but I had a very similar issue. Don't count on Verizon fixing it any time soon. Great company unless you need them to do something that does not involve you handing them money. Then they are beyond terrible. Customer service has been nothing short of appalling. Good luck with getting it straightened out, expect at least another week delay.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mk_braun,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes