Opening Ports on Actiontec MI424
netboy1

Trying to open ports on an Actiontec MI424 WR router, but am having no success.  Went through the steps they list and according to the system port forwarding is all set but when I run a projec to test the ports it says the ports are not open and when I try from outside the network I can't get in.   Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Opening Ports on Actiontec MI424
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check list for allowing user from the net to connect you:

#1 The Default Gateway on your computer is the same IP Address as the Actiontec MI424 WR?

For example, if on Windows XP

a) Go to Start -> Run.

b) Type in cmd and press enter.

c) In the new window, called the command prompt, type in ipconfig /all and press enter.

#2 In the router go to Advanced -> Private LAN

#3 What is the Starting and Ending IP Address?

#4 In the router go to Advanced -> Universal Plug and Play

#5 If you do not have at least two game consoles behind this two router, turn off UPnP in the router.

By game console, a special type of computer with no keyboard or mouse (and it/they are usually connected to a TV).

#6 In the router go to System Monitoring  -> Gateway Status

#7 With another web browser Window OR Tab, go to https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

#8 Below the text that says The text below might uniquely identify you on the Internet is an IP Address.

#9 In the web browser window or tab, that is still looking in the router, you should see that same IP Address.

0 Likes