Please Help! Ethernet Working But Not Wifi
ninaco
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've got a Fios Actiontec router.     One of my computers is getting a signal from it.   The other two aren't seeing it.

When I connect the PC that gets a signal, the speed is  extremely slow - we're talking much much worse than dial-up.  (Verizon's speed test registered it at "0".)    

When I connect directly to the route via Ethernet cable the speed is fine.

I've tried resetting the router, but that didn't help.   I even downloaded & ran Verizon's Home Agent software.   (No help there.)    We've had Fios for a while with no problems.   This issue started yesterday.

Any ideas??

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Please Help! Ethernet Working But Not Wifi
ninaco
Enthusiast - Level 1

Egg on my face.  Smiley Very Happy   I turned the router off & on.   And, I tried a reset.      That didn't help.     But, a few minutes ago, I accidently overloaded the circuit breaker in the room.   When I flipped the circuit back on, the wi-fi worked fine.

Guess I should have tried unplugging it!   Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Re: Please Help! Ethernet Working But Not Wifi
ninaco
Enthusiast - Level 1

Egg on my face.  Smiley Very Happy   I turned the router off & on.   And, I tried a reset.      That didn't help.     But, a few minutes ago, I accidently overloaded the circuit breaker in the room.   When I flipped the circuit back on, the wi-fi worked fine.

Guess I should have tried unplugging it!   Smiley Wink