Port forwarding, new device,
FreeBird2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I follow procedure and go to 'port Forwarding" under firewall settings. get page and a half of line after line of mostly identical addresses and all have active status. Should all these duplicates be there, and what can I do.

Re: Port forwarding, new device,
Hubrisnxs
Legend

There are a lot of pre-configured port forwards for the set top box when you do caller id on tv, or when you do remote or web access DVR.   Make sure the internal lan IP's aren't in the .100 range (I.E 192.168.1.100, or 192.168.1.101)

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Also, if UPnP is enabled (default), game consoles, PC games, PC file sharing programs, etc can all create port forwards through UPnP.  If you want to disable this, you can do so by clicking on the Advanced icon, then selecting Universal Plug and Play.

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@FreeBird wrote:

I follow procedure and go to 'port Forwarding" under firewall settings. get page and a half of line after line of mostly identical addresses and all have active status. Should all these duplicates be there, and what can I do.

The only way you can get rid of them is to oerform a factory default reset on the router.

I now have 8 duplicate entries for every one of my STBs and as they are VZ entries there is no way to delete them.  I have to believe they actually have some impact on throughput as all received traffic has to be checked with each of the port forwarding rules.

Does anybody in VZ know what forces these to keep getting added? is it something to do with powereing the router off?

0 Likes