Problem connecting Airport express to stream music
DrBlah

I recently changed fios routers and now can not have my airport express connect to the new router.  I configure the airport express successfully (or so it says) but I get an error message that it was unable to find the network after restarting. Searching the various boards, I know this is a problem, but solutions seem out of date or they just don't work for me.

0 Likes
Re: Problem connecting Airport express to stream music
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Not enough information.

How is the AE connected to the Actiontec?  Actiontec LAN to AE WAN or Actiontec LAN to AE LAN?

What is the subnet address of the AE?

Is DHCP server enabled or disabled in the AE?

See my post in the following thread for more information.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Apple-Airport-Extreme-Base-Station-with-FiOS-Router/m-p/2...

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Airport Express shoud be in "Bridge Mode" and must us an IP address other than 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.100-110 (I suggest 192.168.1.2).

0 Likes
DrBlah

I press the button for a factory reset (fast blinking amber) to configure the Aiport express 802.11 g (AEX) and try to join my existing wireless network which is being run by the Actionet MI424WR.  I find the ssid, connect with my WPA/WPA2 Personal password and I get a dialog box saying that it was configured successfully and that the AEX needs to restart.  After a length of time, it then comes up with an error message after waiting for the AEX to restart that says the update was successful but there was a problem rejoining the network.

0 Likes