Problem connecting to Wifi with MacBook and Desktops
Macdadeo3
Enthusiast - Level 1
I can't seem to connect my MacBook Pro to my Wifi at home but can easily do so at other external locations. Same issue with my two other Apple desktops. But I have no connectivity issues with my other wireless devices. I currently have a total of 8 wireless devices on wifi.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problem connecting to Wifi with MacBook and Desktops
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Recommend changing the wireless LAN settings from WEP to WPA-psk.  PSK means pre-shared key.  You can define the password to your liking instead of the random letters and numbers from WEP.  Plus WPA is far more secure than WEP.

Jim

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are the other devices you are using Mobile devices or Windows/Linux machines? Are you using WEP Encryption on the wireless? If using WEP, have you tried using Capital letters instead of entering in lowercase characters, and if WPA/WPA2 Encryption, checked the case of your Wireless key?

jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Recommend changing the wireless LAN settings from WEP to WPA-psk.  PSK means pre-shared key.  You can define the password to your liking instead of the random letters and numbers from WEP.  Plus WPA is far more secure than WEP.

Jim

Macdadeo3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Jim, 

That solved it! Can't tell you how much time and frustration you saved me. You rock! 

Cheers.

0 Likes