Problem with Ooma and Cisco Routers - Frequent Crashes
mckinnonw

Hi -- am looking for help/advice

I have Verizon FIOS coming in thru my basement. Their router is in the basement and does not cast a strong enough wireless signal to get to my whole house. So, I have wired connections to two Cisco routers, one on the first floor and one on the second floor.  Both routers crash constantly.  E.g. 2-3 times/day, and I have to unplug and rest them to get the wireless signal again.  When I look at the routers, they are signaling that all is well, but there is no wireless.  It happens with bpth of them.  I tried to replace with another router, and had the same problem.

Worth noting that I also have Ooma phone service (VOIP).  THe Ooma box also crashes several times/week.  Possibly as much as once a day.  Fortunately, all three are easy to reset (quick unplug) but I'd love to sole the problem if anyone has any suggestions.  THANKS!

PS -- if you need more info (e.g. router models) then just ask.  Both routers are pretty new (less than 12 months) and are  Wireless N, I think.

0 Likes
Re: Problem with Ooma and Cisco Routers - Frequent Crashes
tns
Master - Level 2

Have you set each router with a different band?  Or are they competing with each other.

0 Likes
Re: Problem with Ooma and Cisco Routers - Frequent Crashes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would also check to make sure you don't have any loops in your network (a cable plugged into two different ports on the same router, or two cables connecting each router together) and also check to make sure you don't have any IP address conflicts. Just something to consider 🙂

0 Likes