Quantum Gateway Won't Broadcast 5.0 GHz
Nels
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Quantum Gateway router that has stopped broadcasting the 5.0 network.  The 2.4 still works as before, but I can't get it to send the 5.0 signal.  I've trired a factory reset with no joy.  I suspect I got a bad unit, but I would love to know how to tell for sure (other than the obvious - it does not work). 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Quantum Gateway Won't Broadcast 5.0 GHz
Nels
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found that I had to change the channel broadcast from automatic to a specific channel to get the 5.0 network to work.  Once I did that my devices connected immediately.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
optivity
Contributor - Level 3

Check the wireless --> advanced security settings. You may have to enable the SSID broadcast for the 5GHz band.

0 Likes
Nels
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found that I had to change the channel broadcast from automatic to a specific channel to get the 5.0 network to work.  Once I did that my devices connected immediately.

0 Likes
optivity
Contributor - Level 3

Cool. My Linksys WRT1900AC is a dual band router but I have just one device, a not-so-smart Samsung PDP, that can use the 5 GHz band.

Funny thing the Samsung TV supports both 2.4 & 5 GHz wireless connectivity but once I installed the Linksys router all my 2.4 GHz devices connected to the wireless network just fine, however the Samsung PDP would not connect to the router.

Come to find out when using the Linksys router the Samsung PDP will only connect to the 5 GHz band, but with my old Actiontec b/g router (and no Linksys) the TV's wireless worked just fine with the 2.4 GHz band.

Wierd.

BTW... I have disabled the wireless networking support for the Actiontec router and use it only as a MoCA bridge for FiOS TV IP services.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes