Re-establishing internet connection/set-up
BruceA1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have Windows XP & FiOS internet using Verizon router: internet works fine. But I am going to do a System Restore to original factory settings(Dell XPS 400).  Am concerned about re-establishing internet connection.  No longer have the "Welcome Packet" that came with router. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Re-establishing internet connection/set-up
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you connecting wirelessly or via a wired connection?

If wired, there is nothing you need to know to get back online.   Your machine will ask for and automatically receive and address which will allow it to get online thru the router.

If you're connecting wirelessly to the router and didn't make any changes yourself to the wireless setup on the router, you will find the wireless SSID and password on a little sticker on the back/bottom of the router itself.

View solution in original post

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you connecting wirelessly or via a wired connection?

If wired, there is nothing you need to know to get back online.   Your machine will ask for and automatically receive and address which will allow it to get online thru the router.

If you're connecting wirelessly to the router and didn't make any changes yourself to the wireless setup on the router, you will find the wireless SSID and password on a little sticker on the back/bottom of the router itself.

BruceA1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm connected via wire.  Thank you. Doing my best to make this as painless as possible.