Recent Lag...
Culvhurw

I've never really had any problem with FiOS before, but starting earlier in the week, my internet has been going a little bit crazy. Pages have stopped loading, Youtube videos won't buffer, my xbox live has started lagging, and the internet as a whole is running slowly. I've never had any of these issues for more than a few hours before? Any idea what is going on and how I can fix it? It's been going on for days. I tried restarting my router several times but it didn't do anything,

0 Likes
Re: Recent Lag...
VZ_Constance
Contributor - Level 1

Hi, have you downloaded any new software, programs, or anything recently? Try deleting your cookies too, it mays seem simple but a lot of time that helps.

-Constance

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

May I also ask, does it seem to be something that happens based on the time or day or is it all the time? Over at DSLReports there have been a few reports of people seeing latency and speed issues during what I believe is the evening hours. Turned out to be a PON card issue for one person, but I don't have too much info on what the other cases were, if they are even resolved yet.

Also, if your Verizon-provided router is using WEP, I strongly suggest moving it to WPA2-AES (PSK), or at minimum WPA-TKIP. Beats the snot out of WEP in terms of security and is generally suitable for higher speed wireless connections due to the way AES Encryption works.

Additionally, hard rebooting your ONT tends to help out with some of these issues. While Verizon can reboot the ONT via software means, there's no guarantees if that will help. To reboot the ONT, remove AC Power from it, and then disconnect the battery. Wait 30 seconds, then plug in the battery and then, AC power. It will start up and hopefully the problem should be solved.

EDIT: Apparently Verizon's forums don't like Firefox 4 Beta 7. Keeps messing up my posts.

Rynes424
Yes Ive been having the same problems as well. My xbox connects fine but any online game it lags so bad. Didn't touch the router settings before this happened so it's nothing I did. I put a post up on xbox lag and latency.
0 Likes