Security Suite won't download, even McAfee can't fix it
jdknoe

I have been working with both Verizon and McAfee techs to get installation of my security suite installed after my computer was out of order for more than a 30 day period.  Apparently McAfee is now handling the security suite.  Verizon is able to remote access into my computer, but McAfee can't.  I have spent more than 10 hours on the phone with techs and still no security suite.  I spent 6 hours on calls with McAfee of and on just today alone.  Tomorrow I will receive yet another call to attempt the fix........we'll see if it gets done.

Don't know if it is because it is a 64-bit.  Verizon did not originally have security suite when I got the computer last year, but then they got it and it was installed.  Now I have no security!!!!!  Why can't they figure this out?

0 Likes
Re: Security Suite won't download, even McAfee can't fix it
IE3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Check your memory and servicepack in a nutshell. Make sure that you are not running any of the 3rd party software.

I had the same problem over the weekend and was extremely disgusted! My PC is old (ancient) and the McAfee tech, after deleting my 3rd party software which was spybot (he said it was interferring with the download) told me that I needed to upgrade my PC's servicepack to 3 AND to increase the gb to 512 which I was running at 500gb. I rarely use the machine since I have a laptop and my house is wireless. This has happened since FiOS was upgraded and I have had it for a year. No problems previously. I informed the tech, not kindly, that I would not increase memory or order the servicepack for this old PC. I made him restore the spybot that he deleted and told him I will cancel the service. Today, the activation started on my PC and downloaded without a problem.  Spybot is still running in the background!!!

Hubrisnxs
Legend

should work on 64 bit per the minimum requirements.

Your computer must meet these minimum system requirements
to run Verizon Internet Security Suite Powered by McAfee:
􀂃 IBM-compatible personal computer, 1 GHz or faster
processor
􀂃 Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 (SP2)
or later, or Windows Vista™ (32 or 64-bit) and Windows Vista
Service Packs, or Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
􀂃 250 MB hard disk space
􀂃 512 MB RAM (1 GB or more recommended)
􀂃 800 x 600 resolution or higher
􀂃 Microsoft Internet Explorer® 7.0 or later, or Mozilla Firefox
3.0 or later
􀂃 Internet connection

Try booting into safemode with networking, and then run the installer at www.tinyurl.com/verizonmcafee

kserpico69

I have been thru 6 hours of tech support for the same problem. All they did was wipe out my browser and left me hanging on screen sharing. This company is a nitemare. They owe me 300 dollars in credits and I still have no internet. I am going to satillite

0 Likes
kserpico69

{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@kserpico69 wrote:

I have been thru 6 hours of tech support for the same problem. All they did was wipe out my browser and left me hanging on screen sharing. This company is a nitemare. They owe me 300 dollars in credits and I still have no internet. I am going to satillite

Satellite's the new dial-up. You're making a huge mistake by going down that path.

With the Security Suite, if it won't download in the first place it's most likely being blocked by a piece of software. Wiping out the browser settings is often a start since there are many things that can typically go wrong with them. Checking out other things like the HOSTS file and preventitive security software might also be a start.

Service Packs and System Updates would apply if the installation of the software fails, not the download. It would also apply if the software opens but does not run fully. If the McAfee techs and the Verizon techs cannot figure it out, remove any security programs installed, visit McAfee's Website and run the McAfee Removal Tool, reset your browser back to factory defaults and try it again. Failing that, just ask to have Verizon Security Suite removed from the account (they won't be able to give much in credits since it's a 3rd party program made by McAfee, thus Verizon's already paid someone else for it) and use something such as Avast! or Panda Cloud AV to cover the bases. VISS back when it was introduced did in fact run on 64-bit operating systems. If you're shooting down the UAC prompts then that will cause problems.

dabooka77

This link fixed my issue! Thank you!! 🙂

0 Likes