TCP/IP Printer ports - HELP PLEASE
Cabe1

I have a large inkjet printer that I print my graphic design to... for years it has been set up and printing just fine through an Actiontec M1424-WR-rev.D router. No setting were ever changed in the router, it just worked great right out of the box (the Verizon guys installed it). I had a small router with the cable company, but when I got the new router from Verozon the install guy said i didn't need it any more, and moved the ethernet plugs over to the new router. Everything worked fine for years... until the wireless functions started to fail (I don't use the wireless for the office, just the family), so, Verizon told me I had to replace it with a new M1242WR - rev. I router. I transfered all the cables over the the new router in exactly the same positions the were in on the old router. Now my printing software (RIP software) can't see the printer when it's routed through the FiOS router, but If I move the ethernet cable from the router and plug it into the back of my computer, which disconnects my computer from the network and gives me a dedicated ethernet connection to the printer... everything works fine. It's just when I try and run it through the router that my computer and printer can't talk to each other.

My RIP software that drives the printer demands a STATIC IP address set up in a TCP/IP printing port, and the printer is set up with the corresponding static IP address (this is unavoidable). Images of the setup screens below...

The RIP software setup is here... very simple:

Now, on the actual printer, the IP address matches (192.168.0.110), the subnet masks are 255.255.255.0, and the default gateway is set at 192-168.0.1.

This is all the info I have, and all I know is that it worked fine with no setup on the old router, and does NOT work on the new router... it used to be plug-n-play, now it's plug-n-stop.

Again, when the ethernet cable run directly from the computer it drives the printer just fine, connected to the router first and it failes completely.... HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said... this has worked great for years, I haven't changed a thing on the printer or computer... the only change is the new router... I'm out of production until I figure this out :o(

Cabe...

0 Likes
Re: TCP/IP Printer ports - HELP PLEASE
Hubrisnxs
Legend

The revision I router out of the box uses the following default IP addresses

192.168.1.x IP Address

255.255.255.0 Subnet

192.168.1.1 Default gateway

I notice you aren't using that IP Address scheme at all in the screen shots.  Did you change the Verizon router internal settings to use the 0.1 ip scheme? 

0 Likes