Unable to connect to internet
boricuaabreu

I have Vista and Fios running a Westell UltraLine 3 Series 9100em. When I turn on or reboot the computer it shows connected with 2 networks. Unable to connect to internet. If I reset the network adapter it recognizes 1 network and internet works fine. Talk to Tech support and everything and fine by them. Any way to set up the computer to recognized 1 network upon Start up?.

Any help appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to connect to internet
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

Sure it's possible, but we will need some help understanding your setup...

You mention 2 networks...What are the 2 networks?

Your computer, is it a desktop or a laptop?

are you connected wirelessly, connected with ethernet wire or both?

The network adapter your resetting...is that attached to your computer or are we talking about your router?

0 Likes
boricuaabreu

My setup is a desktop connected wired to the router and I'm resetting the network adapter on the computer. The 2 networks it shows is: 1 for Home and 2 Unidentified network. When I turn on or reboot the computer it recognizes both networks. When I reset the network adapter on the computer it recognizes Home only.

Thanks

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
Is it possible to disable the unidentified?
0 Likes
boricuaabreu

By some reason the computer is recognizing the wired network connection as home and the wireless network as unidentified. Any way we can disable the wireless. I'm not using the wireless for now. I talk 2 tech support for Dell and by their side everything is fine. It let me to believe that it could be that specific router. I used to have DSL and a bought a wireless router and didn't have any problems. It just started when I switch to FIOS and the router that was included. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes