Using G1100 as primary router with Actiontec as 2nd via MOCA
spt118psu
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in a big old house with lots of brick and plaster. I don't get very good wifi strenght and speed due to this.

I just got a G1100 router, and want to keep the actiontec. I'm hoping to use the G1100 as the primary and the Actiontec at the other end of the house as an acess point. I believe both routers support MOCA, so can I simply use a MOCA bridge?

Can someone point me to the correct step by steps needed to accomplish this?

I cannot connect the 2 via ethernet.. without taking down half my walls. Thanks. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using G1100 as primary router with Actiontec as 2nd via MOCA
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@spt118psu wrote:

I live in a big old house with lots of brick and plaster. I don't get very good wifi strenght and speed due to this.

I just got a G1100 router, and want to keep the actiontec. I'm hoping to use the G1100 as the primary and the Actiontec at the other end of the house as an acess point. I believe both routers support MOCA, so can I simply use a MOCA bridge?

I cannot connect the 2 via ethernet.. without taking down half my walls. Thanks. 

Here's some directions on how to do it

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/15984

View solution in original post

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@spt118psu wrote:

Here's some directions on how to do it

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/15984

spt118psu
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seems to have worked like a charm... and took less then 10 minutes! Thanks.

0 Likes