Verizon Customer service actually told me to go find another carrier! Customer Service is GONE
Ashford

I live in Rock Valley, Iowa which has always been a "questionable" service area for Verizon, but with the newer phones are service has been "acceptable" for the last few years, UNTIL May 2013 when Verizon installed a new tower in Rock Valley. At that point we (and many other customers now in our area)  went from "acceptable" but questionable service, to practically NO SERVICE.  I have tried all the standard ways to work with Verizon, filing a SERVICE complaint, working with several Techical Service Verizon people, and then the local Verizon Store , Since the new tower was installed we have less than 1 bar of service, and certainly no texting, no internet service (certainly no 3 or 4G) and barely phone calls (certainly not in the house) We have been told,:

1) oh, you live under the "umbrella" it will get better

2) tough luck, you're just in a bad spot,

3) if you go 1/4 mile north, or 1/2mile south, service is fine, (well that doesn't help me where I live)

4) tough! go find another cell phone provider! (seriously?)

We have 8 units on our plan, including flip phones, i-phones, droids, and droid tablets, and none of them can get any type of service now. We run a large business at home, with employee's who need to talk to each other concerning livestock and trucking, and have NO SERVICE for either business or emergencies.

In the last 3 months, several emergencies have happened, and I personally had no service,

1) my mother had a heart attack, and no one was able to reach me (i was at home-thus no service)

2) I had a flat tire 4 1/2 miles from home on the highway, (after calling and calling for help, no calls went through) that blows the 1/4 mile from home Verizon Theory!

3) There was an intruder in the neighbors house, and people tried to call and call to alert me, (no ringing-I was home)

4) There was a recent assult within 1 mile of home, people were trying to reach me, to alert me, and nope, phone never rang

Most of us have Cell Phones for 2 reasons, Business and Emergencies,  I have contacted Verizon several times, and politely explained to them the problems, have documented

1) no service areas(not just at home)

2) phone updates of every sort and kind

3) Dropped call areas (not just at home)

4) Have agreed to help in any way to improve the service we are NOT recieving!

Verizon has done NOTHING to work on this problem, Absolutely NOTHING! Considering they are well aware there are problems, and even admit to the problems, you would think they would take a step up and try to at least "attempt" to recognize the issues, and work on them.  Considering "life/limb" has been at risk, it would be nice if someone with some authority would recognize this issue, and make an attempt to fix it.

It is Time for Verizon To Step Up and Recognize Problems and work with Customers? Are you willing to take that challenge? It isn't appearing so at this moment.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Customer service actually told me to go find another carrier! Customer Service is GONE
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

It appears your gripes are with Verizon Wireless.  These boards are for customers of Verizon residential services (FiOS, DSL, and plain old telephone) to help each other.  If you want to use Verizon Wireless's communities, click here:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/

Good Luck.

0 Likes