Verizon FIOs Triple Play
GoodGuyGreg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted last month when we first signed up for FIOs on how shady they were and finally we got the bill that confirmed our suspicion. Instead of the $79.99 tiple play deal, we were charged $99.99. This is after I called two times and they promised me they corrected this. I knew they were lying. As mentioned in my first message, we had trouble signing up online so we called them, and they tookt he oppotunity to cancel the $79.99 deal and charge $99.99. I called them several times over hours trying to get it fixed and they promised me they would.  I wish I had never switched to Verizon, I swear every one of their sales person is a scammer. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOs Triple Play Scam
GoodGuyGreg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to call them tommow morning to correct this. My god, this will be literally the 9th call. WHY CANT THEY JUST BE STRAIGHT FORWARD AND HONEST. The Fios is faster than charter cable that i previously had BUT THIS IS NOT WORTH IS. I RATHER TAKE THE SLOWER SPEED THAN DEAL WITH DISHONESTY. If I could go back in time, I would never had made that switch, the $79.99 flyer I got seemed too good of a deal, I should have known something was up. I will be sure to let friends know or anyone that brings up "Fios". Fast internet, not worth the shady service. 

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I'm sorry to hear about your recent issue. The Verizon Forums is a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. Because your issue appears to need account specific assistance from Verizon, I've copied your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible.

0 Likes
taracotta
Enthusiast - Level 1

Quadruple Play Scam!

My son is in college in Denton, Texas. UNFORTUNATELY, Verizon is the ONLY internet provider in Denton, Texas.

My Story: My son called Verizon for internet-ONLY purchase. The rep, James, stated that because of where my son lived in Denton, they could not provide internet only, he would have to purchase cable too. My son asked for his direct number so that he could call him back with a decision. James stated he has no direct number and that he would call my son at 7pm. He told my son that the total cost would be $149.00 per month for cable and internet (BECAUSE YOU CANNOT ORDER INTERNET WITHOUT CABLE...{word filter avoidance} liar).

And really? $149? A LOT steep in price!

When my son relayed this to me, I called Verizon and the new rep stated that this is not true, you most certainly CAN order internet without cable, no matter where you live. She then stated that, for my troubles, they would waive the installation fee, router fee, and send us a $50 Visa gift card. After she set up the account and all was said and done, she stated, "We can waive some fees, but we cannot waive the $50 activation fee."

Also, Verizon's monthly fee for internet only is $49 per month, she explained. Why? Who the hell knows. I pay $70 per month for cable and internet through Time Warner in Dallas.

She then stated she could transfer me to customer service and maybe they would lower the activation fee for me.

Customer service answered, rudely, and stated that they absolutely cannot waive the activation fee, nor can they lower it. WELL THERE'S THE $50 VISA GIFT CARD! The customer service rep then proceeded to tell me that they never charge for installation fees or router cost, so they have to charge the activation fee. WHOOAAAAA, HOLD ON A MINUTE. You mean to tell me you waive the installation and router fees for EVERYONE? "Yes, that is correct" she stated. So I wasn't receving special treatment after all.

When I called later that day to cancel, I was on hold for 36 minutes! Whomever answered stated he could not handle cancellations, which is the option I chose upon calling, and he transferred me so that I was on hold for an additional 22 minutes.

Worst customer service, huge liars. Lost my business forever and a day.

DDCD1
Enthusiast - Level 1

First off, Denton has other internet provider(s) in different areas. I know for a fact that Charter is one of them.

If your son lives at a place that has a contract with Fios, then yes, he only has one choice. Frankly, Charter sucks, and so does Time Warner. Not sure why you would NOT want it.

Second, pretty sure 25/25 is $50/month which blows away anything a cable company can offer in the area.  Also, just because YOUR Time Warner bill is $70 does not mean you get the same speeds/channels as he would.

Third, if he had ordered online with a TV package the installation/activation fee would've been waived. They do that for everyone also.

Also....props to teaching your son how to handle the big bad phone company bully on his own!

mattman12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I guess I should consider myself lucky than that FIOS is not offered to me in my town here in New Jersey,but its amazing that towns closer to me have it. I mentioned this recently to a friend who lives down in South Carolina..he netioned one word....MONEY..they only put it,Fios in towns where there is money.

I should count my blessings then,right?

misterbill99
Contributor - Level 1

@mattman1 wrote:

he metioned one word....MONEY..they only put it,Fios in towns where there is money.

They install it in areas where they feel that they can get their investment back. Can't argue with that business plan.

0 Likes
chuckles5

For anybody reading this.  Believe it.  I signed up for the triple play at $79.99 (+equiptment/forced sports package/taxes) for the first year and $89.99 for the second year.  I received an email today to confirm my ofder, as my installation is scheduled for next week.  Clicking through, I see that THEY JACKED UP THE TOTAL BY $23 A MONTH.  Customer service seems unreachable, as I was on hold for an hour before I hung up.  I called the new order number, and got through after 10 minutes, and was told that they took it upon themselves to cancel my order, and replace it ,after the offer I signed up for ended, at the price of $99.99 a month + fees/taxes.  (Both offers have a $300 gift card).  Obviously some sort of scam is going on here.

0 Likes
mjohnny10641

So tired of arguing . Classic bait and switch all the time. I was promised a triple play for $79 plus all dvr,taxes etc for about $150 a month.....bill came at $215....what a friggin joke....if you can avoid dealing with do although our choices are limited

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you contacted Verizon billing to ask about the difference?

0 Likes