Verizon Fios Put Me in Collections Erroneously
Travis1206

When I decided to move on from my Verizon Fios account, I was in a month to month mode, so I had the latitude to terminate with proper notice.

I called Verizon and spoke with a representative, telling them that I wanted to terminate my Fios "Triple Play" account immediately.  The person was pleasant, asking for a reason and going through other inevitable company dialogues until agreeing that I could terminate the account and would need to return my equipment to an authorized Verizon center within 30 days.

I subsequently received official notices from Verizon (with effective termination date of October 24, 2014) that I was terminating the account and, when I returned the equipment the first week of November, I received an itemized receipt for the equipment.

Several months later, I was contacted by a collections company demanding payment for Verizon Fios services and equipment.

I forwarded all of my documentation of my orderly termination of the account and thought that the matter would be settled.  Many months later, I received collections notices from a different collections agency.

Subsequent to this, I contacted Verizon and, after an extremely long telephone call, gave up.

A couple of weeks ago, I reviewed my credit report from Trans America and noticed a negative filing from Verizon.

This has become more than frustrating.  I cannot talk to a knowledgeable person at Verizon or any of these collection agencies about the facts arounfd my case.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios Put Me in Collections Erroneously
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Travis1206,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes