Re: Verizon Westell 9100 Em router - Citrix Connection
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Citrix can be set up in so many flavors. I assume you're using the variant of Citrix called Citrix Receiver? Also, this is the first time I recall hearing of a Juniper firewall in this thread. Is this firewall required for your Citrix session (Eg; it establishes a VPN tunnel between Firewall and the Datacenter?) as it may be something worth ruling out if the Juniper is also providing NAT or if it's set up as a pass-through/bridge or is set up in another way that casues the connection to break overnight. We'll do this by either removing the Verizon router from the equation (Bridging it if they even added that into the Westell support yet) or removing the Juniper temporarily.

If your router is rebooting or resetting itself as you say, check your System logs. They should clue into the uptime and whether or not the router is actually rebooting itself overnight, breaking your Citrix sessions.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Westell 9100 Em router - Citrix Connection
rhaniyur
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes Jumiper is needed for me to log in thru Citirix. Also you are correct in that security logs had the router changing its config each night, which made me suspect that default timeout setting of 24hrs was causing this

Here are some settings I tried last night:

1. Change all my home network components to 'Static' IP type

2. Added my work computer as DMZ host

3. Changed DHCP Settings for Network (Home/Office) to begin at IP higher than all my network PCs (ie exclude them from being assigend an IP)

4. Increased the lease time to max (71582788)

This moring I checked the security log and there were no entries to indicate the router did something to change its config.

I was able  to connected to my work with Citrix for the FIRST time without resetting the Verizon router. I am thrilled as this might have resolved the issue, but will wait a day or two to see if it stays that way. For now the issue appears to be resolved. Will let you lnow if I am back to square one

thanks everyone that gave me suggestions: