Verizon has wasted 7 hours of my time and two weeks and I still have not gotten Fios
BeeMarles

The previous resident where I live never shut off her internet account (she is still being billed, apparently, and doesn't care). but this means I am unable to get internet access because of course she didnt leave her equipment.  

I called on Monday, November 23, to have my internet set up.  They said I could do a self install and the equipment would arrive by Monday, November 30.  November 30 rolls around and surprise, nothing has arrived.  So I call back and ask what happened and after 1.5 hours on the phone, they finally discover that the previous resident has not shut off her service and that they will need to verify that i am the resident of my apartment in order to shut off her service.  They say they will fax my apartment complex the verification form.  This time say that I can't do a self-install and will need to schedule an appointment to activate my service.  Saturday, December 5 rolls around and I wait in my house for 3 hours and no one shows up.  I then call and ask what is going on.  Then they tell me that I will need to pick up my equipment at the nearest store and that otherwise, my account should be ready.  

The next day, December 6, I go to the Fios store near me and pick up my equipment.  I get back home and try to activate it.  Surprise, it doesn't work.  I then spend 1.5 hours on the phone, and eventually customer service hangs up on me without any resolution.

Yesterday, December 7, I went back to the Fios store in order to get answers, and was told that no one could help me there except by just dialing customer service.  I called my apartment complex and, surprise, they say they have never been contacted by Verizon.

Great success Verizon.  Seriously, you are so awesome, keep up the good work.  You may even be as good as Comcast one day very soon.

What are you going to do about this?  Are you going to take the money that I am trying to shove in your face?  

0 Likes
Re: Verizon has wasted 7 hours of my time and two weeks and I still have not gotten Fios
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes