Wifi Protected Set Up
vina05
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone know how to turn on the wifi protected set up button to link my router to my wireless printer?

Re: Wifi Protected Set Up
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

wifi protected setup is not supported.

bb2k1

Hi, Anti.  Does "not supported" mean "disabled"?  I looked around MI424WR-GEN2 documentation, and the management UI, but couldn't find a way to disable it.  CERT recently noted a vulnerability in Wifi Protected Setup (WPS).  I'd like to make sure it's turned off.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bb2k wrote:

Hi, Anti.  Does "not supported" mean "disabled"?  I looked around MI424WR-GEN2 documentation, and the management UI, but couldn't find a way to disable it.  CERT recently noted a vulnerability in Wifi Protected Setup (WPS).  I'd like to make sure it's turned off.

Simply means the router doesn't make use of WPS yet. No driver support for it in the router. As long as pressing the WPS button on the router doesn't allow you to set up a computer using WPS or modify your security settings, you're golden.

0 Likes
manchildsgt77

Sooo.... What I'm hearing is..........If my bluray player is wireless WPS only, then I can not use the internet on that Bluray player.  Or, if I have a universal WiFI internet Adapter that requires you to press the WPS button to link together, all I have is a $40 plastic paperwaeight????????  Verizon your not my best friend right now.  Oh wait, they did say I could by another router for $150 (way to stick it to the little guy).

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@manchildsgt77 wrote:

Sooo.... What I'm hearing is..........If my bluray player is wireless WPS only, then I can not use the internet on that Bluray player.  Or, if I have a universal WiFI internet Adapter that requires you to press the WPS button to link together, all I have is a $40 plastic paperwaeight????????  Verizon your not my best friend right now.  Oh wait, they did say I could by another router for $150 (way to stick it to the little guy).

I have never heard of any device, blu-ray or otherwise, that was WPS only.  Normally you can still configure manually.