Will FiOS ever come to the NJ 08096 area?
sutasafaia

I'm sure these threads pop up a lot but Comcast is starting to drive me up the wall.  We already pay $170 a month for their service but it goes down at least once or twice a day and requires us to reset the router.  On top of that, we recently found out that we are exceeding our bandwidth limit each month, something I didn't even know we had.  We have five people in our house, of course we use a lot of internet (about 350-450 GB per month).  Apparently they want to charge us an additional $40 per month on top of what we already pay to cover that. 

The main reason I'm asking if we will ever get FiOS is because there are some nasty rumors floating around that Comcast has paid Verizon not to keep expanding it's FiOS network in New Jersey.  I doubt I'll get a straight answer to this but I really want to know if this is true.  I am sick and tired of Comcast, if I pay you $170 (possibly $210!!! )a month for internet I want it to darn well work properly.  The sad thing is that there is currently absolutely no alternative to Comcast in our area that doesn't drop our connection speed down to ~3 Mbps, kind of hard to swallow when you are used to 10-15, already being shared by five people simultaneously.

I'm just at a loss at this point, where are you FiOS?

0 Likes
Re: Will FiOS ever come to the NJ 08096 area?
tns
Master - Level 2

verizon is still expanding in NJ, but hard to say what areas.  They have various deadlines to meet their obligations with NJ.  Beyond those obligations, they will probably stall for now until they see a Profit reason to expand to an area.

nj

0 Likes