Wired Samsung Blu-ray won't connect to internet
Meekel

Help!! Trying to update my samsung Blu-ray player firmware and it won't connect to the internet, i noticed this when the player would not play kung fu panda 2 on blu ray, even though it has played it in the past????? trying anything at this point.  any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Wired Samsung Blu-ray won't connect to internet
Roadking10453
Contributor - Level 1

if it won't play a disk now that it did before and it also can't connect to the net even though its hard wired (ethernet cabled), I'd suspect your player is now wonky and has a hard failure internally. If it only couldn't connect to the net I'd think possibly something wrong with the router or the cable between it and the player...but the fact of a bad disk too...hhmmmm...unless the disk has some visible damage (scratch, magic marker, etc).

Does it play all other disks OK - just not that one?

hopefully its still under warranty...

0 Likes
Meekel

just tried a diff blu ray "cars 2" with no problems, only seems to be Kung fu panda 2 , the 3d blu ray and also the regular blu ray don't work,  oddly the dvd works, both discs are scratch free and i also just changed the cable and still nothing

0 Likes
Roadking10453
Contributor - Level 1

have you powered it down completely? i.e., not just shut if off and turn it back on, unplug it for at least 60 seconds which should force it to do its startup routine...that my correct your internet issue. as for the only the panda bluray not working, that's pretty weird that it used to and now doesn't but a different (older mind you) bluray works OK...and i can believe the DVD would work. they use a different encoding than the bluray do but in the box its a lot of shared circuitry. try the power down