Wireless Printing connection issues
jham111

My printer is connected to my wireless router.  From a wireless computer I can ping the printer, I can browse to the printers web page, but I cannot add the printer ....it says cannot connect to the printer  Help

0 Likes
Re: Wireless Printing connection issues
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is your OS and Version?

For example, Windows XP.

#2 What said, it can not add the printer?

#3 You do have the manual / user's guide for this printer?

0 Likes
jham111

1) XP

2) When I follow the add printer wizard in XP, I type the name of the printer and I get a pop up box which says - can't connect to this printer, although I can "Ping" in and Browse to its IP address

3) I have the manual for the printer.  Printer is successfully connected to the router with the proper WEP key.  When at look at the network components on the router home page, I see the printer and its associated IP address

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jham111 wrote:

1) XP

2) When I follow the add printer wizard in XP, I type the name of the printer and I get a pop up box which says - can't connect to this printer, although I can "Ping" in and Browse to its IP address

3) I have the manual for the printer.  Printer is successfully connected to the router with the proper WEP key.  When at look at the network components on the router home page, I see the printer and its associated IP address

#1 What does the manual tell you to do to add this printer?

#2 If you want to, point to where the manual is online.

b) OR at least tell what the brand and model of it is...

0 Likes