Xbox One connection issues. FiOS seems to be the problem
alexbanks

I've been trying for over a week to get my Xbox One to play nice with my FiOS connection. It can always connect to our internet, but most of the services do not work. If I turn my phone into a hotspot and connect to that, everything works great. So, it seems to be a FiOS specific problem.

The steps I took to troubleshoot already:

• Static IP, ports forwarded, ethernet connected.
  • Tested with the device both DMZ'd and not DMZ'd
  • Exchanged the Xbox, just in case it was a faulty device
  • Took the new Xbox to a friend's house with FiOS and the same router (The actiontec mi424wr rev I). It worked great there, wirelessly.
  • Factory reset the actiontec at my house.
  • Had FiOS enable the ethernet port on the ONT box, and completely removed the Actiontec router in favor of our Linksys with DDWRT.

At this point, the only thing that hasn't been replaced is the ONT box. I don't really believe Verizon would be willing to replace it, especially considering literally everything else we try to do on the internet works great (even the Xbox 360 I used to have). I'm sort of at a loss for what else it could be. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Xbox One connection issues. FiOS seems to be the problem
Hubrisnxs
Legend

did your friend have an identical Verizon router.

The Actiontec has several revisions, and they are all found on the sticker.

Rev A - I   I is the latest

It sure sounds like the ONT since you replaced the Actiontec with your Linksys.  Have you tried simply rebooting it?

0 Likes
alexbanks

I didn't know I was able to reboot the ONT. I thought someone else had to do that.

Also, yes my friend has an identical router. Both Actiontec MI424WR Rev I. Both on the same firmware version.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Next time it happens, give it a shot.

How do I reboot the ONT?

0 Likes
alexbanks

This did not fix my problem. I rebooted the ONT box and I am experience the same issues I've been experiencing.

0 Likes
makubex

I am having the same issue. I have frequent lag spikes ingames when playing NBA2k, COD, and GTA5 ONLINE. Unbearable multiplayer. Very frustrating since we pay for FiOS and its suppose to be the best internet connection, but I'm over here lagging worse than the kids on 56k or DSL. Ridiculous. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

If the OP is still working on this,  What specifically isn't connecting or working?

And to the new reply, have you tried some of the steps that the OP mentioned?

Port forwarding is big.

0 Likes
makubex

Yes, I've actually tried all the steps OP has done. Idk..I feel like there's no hope! Woman Sad

0 Likes
seannj3

I don't know if your hard wired or wireless.  I know wireless they had issues with the Actiontech rev i router (red band around it) and channel 6.  Wireless connection was slow and would drop.  Usually changing the channel to 1 would help out and boost signal.  

0 Likes