ZyXEL USB Wireless USB Adapter
Hound44

The FIOS site says I'll need one of these for wireless networking (PC doesn't have a wireless card in it).  The question is, is there a Verizon-specific ZyXEL Wireless adapter, & if so, can it be purchased from Verizon?  Or, is a generic 802.11g ZyXEL adapter useable?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: ZyXEL USB Wireless USB Adapter
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Where did you read this?  

You can use any 802.11G wireless LAN network adapter in the PC.  It would require the installation of the card into a PC.  The USB adapter is easier since you just plug it into a USB port and configure it to connect to your wireless LAN network.

Jim

Re: ZyXEL USB Wireless USB Adapter
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

ZyXEL is the one that you can order from Verizon. Its the only one they sell.

Now IMHO the Zyxel wireless adaptor is garbage. I've never had one that worked correctly.

You can use any wireless adaptor on the market. Just go down to the computer store and purchase what ever you want, install it on the computer and away you go.

Now again IMHO, I think PCI wireless adaptors are the way to go with desktop computers. I feel they are more robust, plus they have their own built in transmitter and reciever with an external antenna. Unlike the USB versions. But the USB style work fine and are easier to install. But any of them will work with the Verizon system.