blocking the game plz
paulyoon

hi! how to block the game in my house line. my son do play the game - league of legand - to much. help me, please. let me know the answer ASAP {Edited for privacy}. thank you.

If you can, would you block it by remote control using your technician to my lines - desk top and lap tops.

I don't want that game forever. I want to save my son from game.

0 Likes
Re: blocking the game plz
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Go to www.verizon.com/freetools

download and install the family protection software, and then you can configure it to block applications or software or even website addresses.  

OR you can change the DNS in your router to use a free service called open dns.  You basically put their dns numbers in your router, and it redirects your web traffic through the company, and then you can manage and block websites by logging onto their site.     It's pretty easy to use, an dif it's just a website he is going to, to play the game, then that might work for you 

0 Likes
Re: blocking the game plz
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

LoL is a fun game though! :C (I am a seasoned PC gamer).

If you want to do a very heavy-handed approach, the router's own Firewall if you're willing to break most applications can pretty much shut the game down. It won't allow anything but E-mail and Web access to work. Otherwise, as suggested above try changing DNS or using parental control software to restrict access to the game. Just be aware, some Web Filtering software out there while legitamite and safe to use, is very prone to breaking networking on the system if removed normally or if it fails to start for any reason, and is also rediculously easy to remove if someone has half a clue on what a driver is :). As such I usually advice against filtering software on individual machines.

0 Likes