blu ray issued with wifi
mk7490

i just got a new samsung blu ray player with wifi. im having issues with it connecting to wifi. sometimes it will be connected and other times it wont connect even though theres a signal. also when i try and stream netflix the video doesnt stream completely it keeps re buffering. im trying to figure out whether it is the blu ray, the wifi ,netflix or all 3. 

i have rebooted both the router and reset the blu ray to factory settings my laptop is connected fine to wifi and has no issues streaming netflix on it. 

0 Likes
Re: blu ray issued with wifi
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Most liekely it is the wireless signal. A Wireless signal heavy with interference will act in a lot of different ways, but also act in the way you described.   you can change that in the router.   open a browser, and go to http://192.168.1.1

user name is admin.  and the password is most likely the serial number found on the service tag of your VZ router unless you changed it. Once you login succesfully, go to the top and hit wireless, then on the left basic security.   then go to option 3 which is channel  1, 6 and 11 and are the only channels you should try.

So it will likely be set to auto, change it to 11 and put the check for keep settings even after reboot (Directly under the channel) and then hit apply.  after you hit apply,  test your connection out, if you notice a difference, leave it like that until the problem happens again, and if it happens again, go back into the router, and try channel 6,     test it out.  and then finally 1 if the first two don't work.

Also take a look at page 2 of Actiontec's Wireless PDF File.  It gives you some idea's with regards to position and orientation of where the router sits and how it can best be positioned for maximum coverage.

http://support.actiontec.com/doc_files/MI424WR_Rev(all)_Wireless_Networking_Guide.pdf

0 Likes
Re: blu ray issued with wifi
weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

Sometimes it is the encryption being used.  Use WPA2.

0 Likes