connectivity problem
jvk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since I had verizon fios tv added to internet and phone service, I am having connectivity problems with wireless PC connection.  It worked great before TV added.  Now I get a lot of "limited or no connectivity" showing up on my wireless  connection.  I have been on phone several times with verizon and have had settings checked, actiontec gateway reset and/or rebooted with no luck.  Sometimes I get a connection but mostly it doesn't work.  They are sending me a new router and hopefully that will be enough.  Anyone have any ideas why problem after tv added?  Someone I know metioned signal strengh into the house.  (My connection to gateway from PC is always very good to excellent)

Jvk 

0 Likes
Re: connectivity problem
Danno
If you use other than Windows software to setup your wireless connection, make sure you use 64 bit vs. 128 bit when you enter your WEP key (from the router) - make sure you are setting this up manually. Don't know if this will help but it did for me.
0 Likes
jvk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think that is it.  For a while after the verizon guy reset the gateway I was using 64bit, no difference.  I bought a laptop and that works great.  According to a verizon guy at fios solutions,  laptops are designed to work better with wireless.  In any case I would like to get my desktop to work on a regular basis.  Has anybody out there had an issue with signal strength, etc. pixelation?  Is verizon fios something that either works or it doesnt?  Right now it is working and I am using it to reply.  I am comparing other users in my vicinity and there are 4.  When it wasn't working there were 5.  I don't know yet if this means anything.

jvk

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Run the Verizon Connection Wizard software. verizon.com/connectionwizard
0 Likes