empty browser window
Midmaj1

1. An empty browser window appears upon startup.  I can't figure out how to eliminate this problem. 

2.  The old Verizon buttons still appear on the desktop.  If I sign in with these I get the old home page??

Is anyone one else experiencing similar problems?  Otherwise, FIOS is working well.

0 Likes
Re: empty browser window
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1

Actually none of that would be related to the service at all.  The icons that are installed on your desktop simply are bookmarks to different Verizon pages.  I actually removed all of that to clean up my desktop.  Your issue could be due to the fact that they have changed around some webpages or where they direct people, but they wouldn't have the ability to change a saved bookmark on your desktop.

Regarding the window popping up, I honestly have no idea why that would be happening -- do you notice another program appearing with it?  Does that empty window vanish after some time?  That would definitely throw up a red flag for me if my computer started doing that.  I am not fond of programs running when I don't expect them to.

0 Likes
Eileen
Finally resolved!  It had nothing to do with the internet.  It was caused by the tech program used.  I called Tech Support and he entered my computer remotely.  He removed all Verizon programs and corrected the startup configuration.  The screen is finally gone!
0 Likes
DzWR
Contributor - Level 1
Great Smiley Happy
0 Likes
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3
oh bhoy
0 Likes