fios quantum gateway and 2 xbox ones???
toddzillainla

has anyone figured out how to get a open nat type on 2 xbox ones at the same time with this modem router? i been searching since this router got released and treied a bunch of different tech supports at verizon. 

if im playing call of duty advanced warfare on both xbox ones at the same time which ever one logs on first gets open and the other one gets set to moderate.

am i better off buying a different brand router at a local electron store that can achieve open nat type for 2 xbox ones at the same time???

0 Likes
Re: fios quantum gateway and 2 xbox ones???
ammartinez

Are you still having this issue?  Did you by chance get another gateway/router and have that solve your problem?  is it even possible to have that many open NAT XB1's within a home network?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Open NAT on both Xboxes requires the use of UPnP. Moderate NAT should be sufficient for most Xbox services. Strict NAT will be the thing you don't want.

0 Likes
ammartinez

But I've heard that UPnP isn't very secure and that either port forwarding/triggering is the way you would want to have your gateway/router configured.  Moderate NAT I heard is also ok but if you have problems with chat/party or slow to connect to online play, what's the recourse?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Only other solution is to purchase business Internet ($$$) and have multiple IP addresses purchased ($$), if the consoles try to fight over the same ports. Or, the console application makers should build more robust software that can transverse all but the most troublesome NAT/Firewall configurations. AFter all an Xbox Live subscription should be paying for that (PSN's another story).

You're not wrong in saying and hearing about UPnP being a security issue. With security, comes tradeoffs. You may elect to turn it on or off whether you feel comfortable in letting the consoles and the router decide how to handle traffic, or if you prefer piece of mind.