Since having verizon Fios installed I have been getting a Note popping up on my computer.  CmdVBs  Ser wshshell=CreateObject(" Wscript.Shell")  wshshell.run chr(34) & "C:\Program Files\verizon\IHA_Messagecenter\bin\restart.bat" & cHR(34), 0 Set wshshell=nothing.  I get this note 3 or 4 times a day. Does anyone know why and is it something that needs attention?

0 Likes
Re: message
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello vafishhunt,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I sent you a private message to further assist you.

Thanks,

Shamika_VZ

Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Re: message
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Thats an error message about the Verizon In Home Agent program.

You can simply uninstall that and the popup will go away. It likely had a problem during the install

Then if you decide you really want it on the computer you can reinstall it by going to...

In Home Agent

Personally I'd just remove it and be done with it. It seems to cause more problems than it solves. But then some like it. Its an optional program provided by Verizon.

CmdVbs from verizon message center restart.bat - that pops up several times a day
RobD4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Over the past few months I have been getting a Note popping up on my computer.

Just like this other person

CmdVBs  Ser wshshell=CreateObject(" Wscript.Shell")  wshshell.run chr(34) & "C:\Program Files\verizon\IHA_Messagecenter\bin\restart.bat" & cHR(34), 0 Set wshshell=nothing. 

I get this note 3 or 4 times a day.

Does anyone know why and is it something that needs attention?

How is this removed?

0 Likes
Re: CmdVbs from verizon message center restart.bat - that pops up several times a day
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Did you Shamika_vz contact you?  Was that helpful?

Did you try Spacedebris's suggestion to uninstall it.

Posting exactly the same message you posted 3 months ago doesn;t provide any additional information to help you.

If you don't know how to uninstall In Home Agent:

Go to the Control Panel

Click on Add or Remove Programs

Select VZ In Home Agent from the list

Click Remove.

0 Likes
Re: CmdVbs from verizon message center restart.bat - that pops up several times a day
RobD4
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I'm not the original submitter - Vafishunt. I'm someone else. Someone else with exactly the same problem.

I will uninstall the Verizon supplied program and see if this makes this go away.

But then again - this was a Verizon supplied program that was meant to help me!

Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I would uninstall the program and if I couldn't re-install it succesfully, then I would fall back to using the Verizon Online Troubleshooter.   Many of the In home agent features are available there over the web like resetting Set top boxes, and fixing Email etc.....

www.verizon.com/repair

0 Likes
Re: CMDVBS error message
steven6330
Enthusiast - Level 2

I removed the VZ software and I still get the error message. What now?

0 Likes
GJuice

Ditto as the latest from steven6330, removed Verizon software via the  Control Panel link to Programs Add/Delete but the "Notebook" page displaying :  

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run chr(34) & "C:\Program Files\Verizon\IHA_MessageCenter\bin\Restart.bat" & Chr(34), 0
Set WshShell = Nothing

...still appears daily at multiple times. It's getting to be annoying. What's the answer Verizon?

0 Likes
jecra
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been getting this same thing  recently and I've had Verizon for about 9 months now.   I've removed the program as mentioned, it has not helped

notpad message says

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

WshShell.Run chr(34) & "C:\Program Files\Verizon\IHA_MessageCenter\Temp\Copy_File.bat" & Chr(34), 0

Set WshShell = Nothing

0 Likes