Adding More Regional Sports Network Programming
dek1116

Dear Verizon:

Why does Verizon only offer 3 Regional Sports Channels? "YES", "NESN" and "SNY" are the only ones offered.  I would be happy to pay extra or move up to a different tier or more for a special "Sports" package if Verizon would carry all the Major Regional Sports Networks.  Why only these three?  Directv and Dish offer these channels for an additional charge.  Why not Verizon?

Thank You

0 Likes
Re: Adding More Regional Sports Network Programming
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you asking for regionals to be carried nationally?

If so, I am against it.

We already have enough regional sports networks (look at all the college networks).

Usually when added, Verizon has to pay for every subscriber that subscribes to the package they are placed in.

It's probably nto cost effective to offer these channels a la carte.

Not to mention the fact that channel space is limited.

DirecTv and Dish are a bit different in that they have to have channel space because they can not beam different signals to different areas of the country.

0 Likes
dek1116

I totally disagree with your response.  Verizon has the space and ability to add or remove channels.  You mentioned that Verizon also carries Fox College Sports.  Not my thing and these stations do not cover professional sports.  Thus the viewership is low and not very attractive. 

As I mentioned in my original question I would be willing to pay more for that specific programming should it be made available.  Verizon is already providing nationally two New York and one New England RSN's. These three RSN's are available only on the highest tier (Ultimate).  However with the "Ultimate" tier you get additional programming that I am not interested in and do not want.  Put all the RSN's in a separate sports package similar to what Directv and Dish provide and charge the going rate. I would be willing to pay for that service.

0 Likes
ansky201
Contributor - Level 1

Directv carries all the RSNs, but most of the live pro games are blacked out unless you live within the RSN's home territory.  So if you live in New York, you're not going to see a Detriot Tigers game on Fox Sports Detroit.  It will be blacked out in all areas outside of Detroit.

0 Likes
tysonlee19

They do not carry all the RSNs, actually. ROOT Sports Southwest is unavailable completely. 

0 Likes
tysonlee19

Sorry, I misread.  DTV does carry all RSNs, including RSS.  Verizon does not. 

0 Likes