BBC America moved off Preferred package?
dmg422

Did BBC America (channel 189) recently move from the Preferred HD package to the Extreme package?

Not sure when it happened but I remember being able to watch it on Preferred but now it says I have to upgrade.

0 Likes
Re: BBC America moved off Preferred package?
jeez1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, Verizon has moved several channels off their preferred package.      Quite a surprise for us, too.     We restarted service with Verizon and found out after signing up that a good majority of the channels we used to get on our preferred package were switched out to the Extreme HD package at a higher cost.   

We are so frustrated with Verizon at the moment that we are seriously considering just cancelling everything and going with another provider.     

Re: BBC America moved off Preferred package?
isleofnewyork
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure what Verizon has against the BBC, but they make it difficult to get the channel

Other providers include BBC America as part of even simple, low-level channel packages.  Verizon plays games with it, including it at one level, withdrawing it from the next, and so on.  Now it only seems to be avaiable on Extreme, one of the pricier options.

FIOS may be technologically better than my current Time Warner cable service, and my building is wired for FIOS, but I will not switch until Verizon matches the programming options of its competitors.  Including the BBC in every package would be a start.  (Omitting all sports channels from its cheaper packages is another insult.  Does Verizon even look at what other companies offer?) 

0 Likes