DVR user manual
jimgit

I did not recieve a manual when my DVR was shipped.  I was told there was online support.  I can find all kinds of WHAT the

dvr will do , But, I need to know HOW to do it.  Does anyone have a DVR users manual and how do you get it?

0 Likes
Re: DVR user manual
kvelling1
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Unfortunately, that manual is way out of date. If you look at the back cover it is from 2005, when Verizon was using the Interactive Programming Guide that was written by Microsoft, instead of the IMG they use today that was written by Verizon. Plus, it is more about the hardware, connecting it, etc, than it is about actually using it.

The IMG does have a Help function, with tutorials and videos. Not very good IMHO, but there is at least something. Unfortunately I have really never seen much in the way of good documentation on how to use the STBs, really you just need to try out most everything, and visit some of the forums like this one. There are other forums, such as http://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzfiostv and http://www.highdefforum.com/verizon-fios-54/ where you can find lots of info.

To jimgit: If there are specific questions you have about how to do things, ask them here, I a sure someone can help you (although I suggest you search first to see if you can find the answer already posted).

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.6.0, Build 06.89
Keller, TX

Message Edited by Justin on 11-16-2008 07:17 PM
0 Likes
kvelling1
Contributor - Level 1

Actually, the OP did ask where/how to get the manual(s). The link does indeed provide the manuals for download.

The dates on the back of the paper manuals I received (this past summer) for the 2 types of STBs (2500 & 7216)

I have do in fact exactly match those available via the link. The 2500 IS several years old.

Such manuals typically provide basic user info (description of controls) and connection info.

How to use the device is generally 'learned' through patience --trial-and-error or word-of-mouth (aka forums such as this).

Message Edited by kvelling on 11-17-2008 01:00 PM
0 Likes