Re: English Premier League Soccer on NBC Sports
senorgregster
Enthusiast - Level 3

The streaming app for games is totally unuseable. Constantly rebuffering about once every minute. The NBC/Verizon combination has ruined the experience of watching games by only televising on one real channel and streaming the other games. Wish they would launch the other "Extra Time" channels and in HD but not holding my breath. 

0 Likes
senorgregster
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another game day and what will be another missed game because Verizon haven't provided usable access to all the NBC Sports Live Extra Channels. Sigh. 

0 Likes
David_R2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have retained DirecTV  as my primary carrier solely due to the absence of Extra Time on FiOS.  If Verizon would add Extra Time, I would switch.  I can't be the only one.

0 Likes
steven113
Contributor - Level 3

NBC sports extra time where is it????

0 Likes
arshavin231
Enthusiast - Level 2
It's been 2 years boys, it's not going to happen.

One time for everyone who struggles with hitching/buffering via computer, use the app on your iPhone and run that through your tv. It's crystal clear and never hitches.
0 Likes
Premier League Extra Time pckage
simontreacle
Enthusiast - Level 1
Verizon, are you going to be adding these for the 2015/16 season? I'm lucky enough to be able to cut your service off and go to RCN if you're not, but I suspect a large number of your customers are not in the same position. It would be nice to actually listen to your customers, and get these channels added. Considering the English Premier League has >1 million person audience on any given Saturday, surely it makes financial sense?
Re: Premier League Extra Time pckage
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Even if the 1 million viewers are in US, Verizon has less than 5% of total US households.

That would mean that only 5000 Verizon households would want to subscribe.

0 Likes
David_R2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have maintained DirecTV as my primary TV content provider SOLELY because of its full lineup of Premier League games.  FiOS was supposed to start carrying them in 2013, but it never happened.  Hoping this will change for the upcoming season, but considering that's only a month away and nothing has been announced, it doesn't appear likely. Is it  a cost or capacity issue?

0 Likes
arshavin231
Enthusiast - Level 2
"Barclays Premier League Extra Time games will be available soon on Verizon FiOS" - I love that this has been the posted message for the last year.
0 Likes
mdr227
Contributor - Level 1

Would be nice to be able to see the additional matches on the TV (and be able to record on DVR for watching later).   The NBC app on the ipad is OK, but doesn't stream via Air Play very well (not great quality) and I can't record it to go through as I want to on DVR as I can with the games on NBC Sports as I am rarely home when the games are on.

0 Likes