Free HBO anniversary gift discontinued on renewing FIOS contract!?
seanoduill
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I got the loyal customer anniverary gift of HBO in June, which was to run through September.

This period, being my "anniversary", includes the end of my current two-year contract.  So last week I enter in another two-year contact with Verizon, with no changes to my previous services.  Guess what?  That renewal apparently made me no longer elegible to continue receiving my anniversary gift of HBO, which, again I was given for my loyalty to Verizon.  Nice.

0 Likes
Re: Free HBO anniversary gift discontinued on renewing FIOS contract!?
pamcphilly
Enthusiast - Level 3

That happened to me as well.  I called up Verizon and the rep was very helpful.  They couldn't get the 3 month incentive back but what they were able to do was add the HBO package and then  provide it for free for 1 year.  At the end of the year it would be up to you to cancel the HBO package.

0 Likes
Re: Free HBO anniversary gift discontinued on renewing FIOS contract!?
seanoduill
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for relating your experience, and I'll give that a try.  The chat rep offered no solutions, just a weak apology.

It's hard to believe this apparently has been happening for some months without any steps taken to address it - if not figuring out how to let the service continue then at least notifying the customer that, incredibly, a two-year contract renewal would kill the gift.

0 Likes