Nascar racing name change in guide
nkpltrr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had my dvr set up to record the Nascar races but it wasn't recording. When I went to the guide that is when I noticed the guide has been changed. Instead of listing Nascar Sprint Cup or Nationwide, or Camping World, they all say "Nascar Racing". This is a problem if you want to record one series and not another. Why has Verizon changed the guide? It also makes it harder to setup any kind of series schedule. Please put it back like it was!!!!!!

Re: Nascar racing name change in guide
StewartFan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just started having the same problem too.  I record all 3 series and noticed none of them were set up for the weekend (thank goodness I noticed).  Then when I checked it out, I saw they were all changed to Nascar Racing, instead of Nascar Cup, NW, Truck, etc.  So I went ahead and set up Nascar Racing as a series with options.  But now I get everything, including modified and sprints, practices, qualifying.  If I was out of town, my DVR would fill up with stuff I didn't want to see before it got to the programming I want to see.  So now I have to go through before each weekend and delete the ones I do not think are the actual races.  Of course the descriptions are basically no longer there so you have to know the times of the races in advance to do this.  This is WAY TOO MUCH WORK considering how much I pay a month for a DVR.  Please Verizon, put it back the way it was!  Then you could set it and go about your business and know you were going to have the show you wanted that evening to watch.

jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I am guessing the reason it changed is because the TV Guide Provider changed recently.

0 Likes
nkpltrr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried to talk to Verizon about this and it took me 30 minutes just to get them to understand what the problem was with the guide. Then after all that they told there was nothing they could do about it because they get it that way from the provider of the guide. Some customer service that was.... NOT!!