Outdoor channel removed
Route661
Enthusiast - Level 1

First The Weather Channel was replaced by the inferior Accuweather and now The Outdoor Channel has been removed.

It seems VZ is trying to drive customers away.

We need both channels restored.

Just Lost the Outdoor Channel in the DFW Market
solamente73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was watching the Outdoor Channel tonight and then...

I get the white screen saying that it's no longer available.

First The Weather Channel, then the Sportsman Channel... now this.  Literally removing 30% of what I watch on FiOS.  Why should I stay?  What will you take away next that you will replace with shomething I would never watch?  And  your competitors even offer in HD that which you do not. 

Switching costs be damned.  I'm leaving Verizon.  And I'm taking my company's business with me, too.  Verizon, consider this my notice.  It's been a good 10 years.  You went from ground breaking product to a severe hassle for everyone.  Adios.

Re: Just Lost the Outdoor Channel in the DFW Market
LickittySplitz
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not ok with me. The Sportsman Channel and now the Outdoor Channel?? Other than sports and HBO, these are the only channels I watch. The email from Verzion says we can find similar programming on "History Channel (channel 128 & 628), Destination America (channel 168 & 668), Nat Geo Wild (channel 132 & 632) and the Discovery Channel, (channel 120 & 620)"; not even close. That comment is so far from the truth. It's my opinion that Verizon just choose the anti-hunting side of the coin.

Going to be canceling my TV service and subscribing through an internet based provider. Sadly, I'll have to keep them as my ISP. I need the Internet.

Very disappointed in Verizon, as I was paying for this "sports" package BECAUSE of these two channels. Like I really want the Cricket Channel.

Re: Outdoor channel removed
Eddieclyde
Enthusiast - Level 1

This completely sucks. My family used to watch the Weather Channel and I watched both the Sportsmans Channel ( until I had to pay extra ) and the Outdoors Channel. We pay almost $300 a month and now we get second rate tv service. Time to explore our options.

Kylegoltsch1
Enthusiast - Level 2

First we lost the Sportsmans Channel and now the Outdoor Channel.  These are two of maybe 5 channels that I watch.  I wonder if I can break my conract with them now, since they no longer provide the service that I signed up for.  

Re: Just Lost the Outdoor Channel in the DFW Market
NJSports
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is so funny.  My husband said the same thing about the Cricket Channel.  We wondered how Cost Effective that channel is.  We are not buying Verizon's reasoning for dropping the Outdoor Channel.

We pay extra, as well, for these channels in a Sports Package.  If Verizon was so concerned that the "cost of content is increasing" and "in order to prevent those costs being reflected in your bill" along with "it is necessary to remove channels from our lineup"   Then they could have simply charged more for the Package. 

This Verizon statement is the one they send out to all customers.  They just tailored it.  It was like saying You can't have chocolate on your ice cream because it's too expensive for everyone.  But We'll pay for the chocolate.  We don't want you to.  And, We're not going to offer it.   

irshmn66
Enthusiast - Level 1

Outdoor channel and Sportsman channel gone, BUT we have some less than appealing ones to choose from. I think it time to look around!!!!!!!

phishbum
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the first time I've ever logged onto the "community" and it's soley to express my displeasure at Outdoor Channel being removed. As someone else said, the alternatives listed indicate that Verizon knows nothing about the Outdoor Channel programming or the type of customer that watches it. I won't speculate as to what drove this decision, but will say I spent the morning researching alternatives and will be cancelling my service. I spend WAY too much money for such a subpar lineup.

Edit: As of this post, 62.5% of the posters are from first timers like me. This tells me people are fired up enough to be looking for answers.

PSA: How to find a Carrier of Outdoor and Sportsman Channels
solamente73
Enthusiast - Level 2

Public Service Announcement:

The parent company for the Sportsman and Outdoor Channels has set up a microsite to help us find new providers that carry these channels.

Here is the link:  http://www.keepmyoutdoortv.com/

If you go to that page, you can enter your zip code and they will tell you what TV providers serve that area and still carry these channels.

reedap1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This decision put me over the top...Long time Verizon customer and first time poster now here too.  The removal of the Outdoor Channel as well as the Sportsman's Channel and the Weather Channel is the last straw.  I will be looking for an alternative regardless of the cost to change. Verizon you are failing to listen to the customer.  There are 130 million people in the US who participate in some type of outdoor sports.  To imply that I can find the same content as show on the Outdoor and Sportsman's Channel on National Geographic, History or others tells me you have no clue about your audience. Where was your VOC study to determine if these channel should be kept even if it meant a price increase to consumers?  You drop all outdoor programming yet add multiple Spanish/Latin channels with a much smaller customer base.  You may wonder why there is a strong growth in Web streaming and other technologies to see the content that consumers want while you look at your lineup strictly from a cost basis.  You are losing customers with decisions like this.  Goodbye.

Paul