Re: Outdoor channel removed
es24
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am first time posting.  Recently renewed 2 year contract paying extra for Sports Package only to have the Outdoor and Sportsman's channels abruptly cancelled.  Paying extra specifically for something that no longer exists is plain WRONG!

Maybe cable needs to be government regulated and monitored.  I am one extremely dissatisfied customer.  But as other bloggers have stated Verizon is not paying attention to their customer base who pays their salaries!

signed,

very disgusted with Verizon

Re: Just Lost the Outdoor Channel in the DFW Market
ppstap1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just lost Outdoor Channel here in the NYC market too (yes, we love the Outdoor Channel in NYC just like the rest of the country).  Add me to the list of first time posters who are fed up with this latest move by Verizon.  I may soon be making a programming change of my own…to another content provider. 

The cost vs viewership reasoning doesn’t seem to hold water.  Hopefully Verizon isn’t deciding what programming is "appropriate" for their viewers.  I’m not sure what the channel lineup looks like in other communities, but here in NYC a quick scan of the available PPV offerings doesn’t exactly position Verizon on the moral high ground to be making such calls.  Verizon, please find a way to provide all types of programming and let your customers decide what is right for them.  If you truly need to charge more for it, then so be it. 

Proxima77
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon needs to bring both Outdoor Channel and Sportsmans Channel back.  What type of nonsense are they pushing when they recommend other channels that don't air the same content and shows as similar?  I can only guess that Verizon is anti-outdoorsmans and only supports air-headed tree-hugging hippies who have no idea what the outdoors and conservation truly are.  A few years ago, I actually moved up to a more expensive package lineup just because of Outdoor Channel and Sportsmans Channel.  Without these two channels, I see no point in keeping the more expensive package.  If Verizon does not bring both channels back, I will reduce my package and switch to a provider that carries both channels when my contract expires.  As much as Comcast has a bad rep here in Maryland and I switched to FIOS when it became available, I will consider switching back to them just because they still carry Outdoor Channel and Sportsmans Channel.

Verizon, if you are listening, bring back Outdoor Channel and Sportsmans Channel.  I was a happy customer of yours until you dropped the channels I watch the most.  Bring them back.

Sincerely,

One Upset Verizon Customer

Proxima77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just checked Verizon's lineup and they still offer Al Jazeera America.  So, they drop two channels that are truly American and keep a Middle Eastern, anti-American propaganda "news" network that no one watches?  What kind of crock PC nonsense is that?

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

We don't have the viewership vs cost numbers.

Verizon cited low viewership for dropping Sportsman channel back in September.

Maybe Outdoor and Sportsman channels cost a lot more per viewer than Al Jazeera (Dish offers Outdoor, Sportsman, Mav and World Fishing for $4/mopnth)

In the end it is a business.

Providers have to make decisions of content vs viewership vs cost.

They make a value judgement and then decide which channels to provide.

There will always be a preponderance of postings from people that miss a channel that has been removed.

I for one never watched so won't miss.

I am sure you can say the same for channels I like to watch.

In the end, we all have to make decisions based on what you can get for your dollar.

Bravajo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I AM INCENSED. I am 6 months into a new contract lockin and Verizon removes my two favorite channels and arguably the ones I spend 80% of my viewing time watching.

I am going to call and cancel and demand to terminate the contract due to a change of terms on their behalf. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry, but the contract allows the to add and delete channels as necessary (pretty standard among cable providers)

Outdoor channel and Sporstman channel ??Weather channel ??
electricstart
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please bring back the outdoor and sportsman channels . The weather channel would be nice to for safety reasons ,got us through hurricane Sandy with very few lives lost . Accuweather stinks . I was a fios customer from the start ,one reason was these channels you offered (Outdoor,sportsman ,weather ). I have all your service wireless, internet ,phone your top TV plan . I always was your number fan when ever any one asked and there was a lot( thousands probably ) through the years who was your cable provider I was proud to say Verizon . I have cable companies stopping by my house ,calliing tring to get me to switch and I always tell them never very happy with Verizon fios . They are even willing to pay off my contract ,6 months free , save me big money every month and I still say No I am very happy with Fios . Wont even let them talk . This is how you pay me back by removing my favorite channels ,when I call customer service and even your corporate office you blow me off . What happened to good paying customers comes first ,never missed a payment always way in advance .  You have two months to bring back my favorite channels or I will be switching providers ,very un happy customer .Please Verizon do the right thing support your loyal customers bring back our channels . 

Re: Outdoor channel and Sporstman channel ??Weather channel ??
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

These are peer to peer support forums.

Verizon has stated they have dropped these channels to low or declining viewership and cost.

So I would doubt they will be back.

Best way to vote is with your dollars.

But I think we will see more of this amongst all providers.

As people cut the cord, they will have to make decisions and the less popular channels are liable to be the ones to take the hit.

0 Likes
Outdoor Channel Removed
Bill_S3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just like the removal of the Sprortsman's Channel, the non-renewel of the contract of the Outdoor Channel and it's removal targets a specific audience; those of us that enjoy watching hunting and shotting sports programs.  The four channels listed tin the emails and on Channel 807 (here in Virginia) DO NOT have the same programming contrary to the Verizon's statement.  This gives me serious pause...if it weren't for a contract, we would be changing to Cox imediately.  Talk about poor business decisions....hope they get an overwhelming response and reverse or I'll have to juist break the contract.

And, when I called Customer Service to register my complaint, of course I got a representative who just didn't get it that I was complaining about the decision; guess he'd never gotten a complaint about service and oh by the way, English was a second language for him as his diction was very poor and he didn't understand what I was saying as I repeated myself four times before I ended the call.  Talk about frurstrating!!!!

0 Likes