Re: Outdoor channel removed
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So I just googled Optimum dropped channels.

A thread in another forum had Charter/Optimum dropping Sportmans channel this past March.

Lots of people up in arms over there as well.

Google just about any TV provider and dropped channels.

You will see they are all doing it in on form or another.

And their subscribers are just as upset about content going away and their costs not going down.

0 Likes
d1v1n
Enthusiast - Level 1

The best way to answer this problem is to drop the service.

0 Likes
Hammer1171
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just to reiterate everyone's dissatisfaction with Verizon at this point, I am so sick of Verizon continually raising prices and then removing my favorite channels and offering nothing comparable with NO explanation. Guess what Verizon, Comcast offers this channel for a cheaper price. Looks like I'll be making a switch also.

d1v1n
Enthusiast - Level 1
A viable alternative http://carbontv.com
0 Likes
Outdoor and Sportsman Channels
psdeiter

Any other NRA members out there. Just read an article the Verizon has decided to control our access to these channels because of its anti 2nd Amendment views. I just upgraded and those channels were there. Now I cannot find them. I feel betrayed. Is anyone else upset about this? Verizon had decided to play big brother and pick our programming. I may be looking to get out of my contract with them and go to a carrier that supports the U.S.Constitution.

0 Likes
psdeiter

Outdoor and Sportsman removed. These channels carried NRA Programming. Verizon is deciding to control our access. I am looking to move also.

0 Likes
Re: Outdoor and Sportsman Channels
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

My guess it is a pro gun site.

My guess is that Verizon dropped the channel due to low viewership or cost/viewer.

0 Likes
Re: Just Lost the Outdoor Channel in the DFW Market
buddye1

Let me join the discouraged outdoorsmen who are unhappy with Fios for dropping the Outdoor and Sportsman channels.  I have been a subscriber for 10 years and this is Verizon's biggest rip off  yet.  How can they drop popular programming due

to alleged cost increases when my my bill goes up almost every month.    

Also, WFN is part of the Outdoor Group and it is still in the lineup.  We were given two soccer channels as replacement programming.

I have a notion that the firearm and hunting content did not fit into Verizon's political mindset.   Anyone agree?

Please have someone in authority respond to each subscriber who feel they have been cheated. 

0 Likes
b_stirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will be leaving as well!  Leaving shortly unless the Outdoor Channel is back.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

So long then.  Its really not likely to ever come back.

0 Likes