Re: Outdoor channel removed
d1v1n
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just found this out today....http://videos.myoutdoortv.com/motv/ 

I think the channel we lost might be available now via streaming.....

0 Likes
d1v1n
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you do a search on Roku the channel is available by the name MOTV....

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You notice they want $5/month for access.

So I am sure it was not cheap to Verizon hence the reason they dropped it.

0 Likes
Make_it_Right

I was going to come back to Verizon then my Father who I talked into switching to Verizon says they removed all the Outdoor Channels that we pay extra for.

So I will not be returning and he will be changing service providers back to Optimum.

(FYI... Optimum still carries all the channels)

0 Likes
d1v1n
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well I made the swtich finally....it took a while to get my ducks in a row....I ended up buying a mohu leaf antenna for $40 and used the Roku and dropped the fios ultimate TV package.  I had everyone in the house stop using the verizon email accounts and we all swtiched over to gmail.  Next step was to port out the verizon landline to Ooma and the last step was to get a new intenet connection to the house.  I went from $138 a month to internet only with Comcast for $34.99 for the first year and $45 a month for year two.  Internet speed of 25/5.  For TV I have supplimented with netflix for $11.99 a month, I tried the trial version of slingtv but wasn't sold.   When I went to return the router and drop the package at UPS to be shipped back there were other people standing in line doing the esame thing.  Do youself a favor and see what your options are....I would have never begun this process if the channels were left in place.  The outdoor channel is getting ready to vamp up its streaming service within the next few months too.  That's a difference of roughly a $1,000 a year.  Waiting for the dust to settle as Verizon finalizes the last bill.  Keep you posted.

0 Likes
Re: Outdoor channel removed and The Weather Channel
tinkercat

I think that Verizon does not care about its customers' wants and needs.  I have been posting requests for The Weather Channel to be returned to the lineup as this was one of the major stations I watched on a regular basis.  When it was time for us to renew our contract, we decided to go all out and get the premium channels also.  it was just a week or two before they were going to take The Weather Channel off the lineup and without notification to anyone!  So we renewed, and then when I turned to channel 49 and 619, I did not see The Weather Channel anymore!  What the heck is this Accuweather that is about worthless?  It never even had our local weather on it and when it did, it was not correct!  Get rid of them and bring back The Weather Channel AND The Outdoor Channel.  And when our contract is up, I believe you will be as well, Verizon!  Thanks for nothing!  Why don't you listen to your customers?  So many have 'jumped ship' already.  Doesn't that bother you at all??

0 Likes
Re: Outdoor channel removed and The Weather Channel
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you saw Verizon's last report, they had a net gain in customers for the last quarter.

As with all providers, cost/subscriber is a driving force.

Given the ratings, these channels were deemed not to be cost effective without raising rates.

0 Likes
Lumsden

VERIZON has removed essentially all the channels that I watch one at a time. I am an avid fisherman. I stood by and watched Verizon remove them all one by one. I watch the fishing channels. Really liked the OUTDOOR CHANNEL/GONE. Loved world fishing network/GONE. Next step- Reconnect my Direct TV.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Although it outdoor network appears to be available on DirecTV, wfn is  not.

Looks like both are available via an app for android and apple.

0 Likes
OUTDOOR CHANNEL
wantOUTDOOR

SPORTSMANS CHANNEL -- WHEN ARE THEY COMING BACK???

0 Likes