WGN America in HD
godofpathos
Enthusiast - Level 3

I receive WGN America (channel 😎 as part of my Prime package, but not the HD version channel 568. Why is this?? I have had HDTVs since 2006.  There is definitely truth to Time Warner's new ad campaign claiming they have many more HD channels than FiOS. Verizon won't even give me an HD version of channels I subscribe to!

Please add WGN HD to the Prime package line up. I don't want to have to watch a 4:3 picture in standard definition if I choose to view a program on that channel

Re: WGN America in HD
PJL
Master - Level 3

@godofpathos wrote:

I receive WGN America (channel 😎 as part of my Prime package, but not the HD version channel 568. Why is this?? I have had HDTVs since 2006.  There is definitely truth to Time Warner's new ad campaign claiming they have many more HD channels than FiOS. Verizon won't even give me an HD version of channels I subscribe to!

Please add WGN HD to the Prime package line up. I don't want to have to watch a 4:3 picture in standard definition if I choose to view a program on that channel

You're getting the channels you subscribe to.  WGN HD is not in your package.  You do not subscribe to it.  So Verizon is not "giving" it to you because you don't pay for it.  If you want it, then subscribe to a higher package that includes the channel.  
All providers have different packages that include different channels.  If you subscribe to higher packages, FiOS offfers many more HD channels just like other providers.
I'm curious whare you are.  WGN America SD is on channel 19 where I live, not channel 8. 
0 Likes
godofpathos
Enthusiast - Level 3

It does not make sense to only have the standard definition feed of a channel as part of a package, when an HD feed is available. If WGN America is included in Prime, the HD version should also be included. That's how all other cable providers operate.  Verizon has the unpleasant distinction of offering the least amount of HD channels per package, unlike its competitors Time Warner, Cablevision, Dish Newtork and DirectTV.

To answer your question, I live on Long Island, NY.

PJL
Master - Level 3

@godofpathos wrote:

It does not make sense to only have the standard definition feed of a channel as part of a package, when an HD feed is available. If WGN America is included in Prime, the HD version should also be included. That's how all other cable providers operate.  Verizon has the unpleasant distinction of offering the least amount of HD channels per package, unlike its competitors Time Warner, Cablevision, Dish Newtork and DirectTV.

To answer your question, I live on Long Island, NY.

What zip code please?  I can't look up what I need to look up without a zip code -- there are too many listed for "Long Island."

0 Likes
godofpathos
Enthusiast - Level 3

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

WGN HD is only available in the Extreme and Ultimate packages.  You will need to subscribe to one of these packasges to get get WGN in HD.  That's just the way it is.

0 Likes
godofpathos
Enthusiast - Level 3

For one channel? Uh, no. That's not happening.  

It's silly to offer the SD version but not the HD version in the Prime package. Verizon can easily add it. Hence my reason for posting this thread.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@godofpathos wrote:

For one channel? Uh, no. That's not happening.  

It's silly to offer the SD version but not the HD version in the Prime package. Verizon can easily add it. Hence my reason for posting this thread.

And I wish Verizon would add every channel I don't already have to my package.  In your words "that's not happening."

0 Likes
godofpathos
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not asking for every channel, just an HD version of a channel I already receive. Unless you're the head of Verizon's programming you're not the authority here. 

Anyway, thanks for wasting my time with your incredible insight.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@godofpathos wrote:

I'm not asking for every channel, just an HD version of a channel I already receive. Unless you're the head of Verizon's programming you're not the authority here. 

Anyway, thanks for wasting my time with your incredible insight.

You want Verizon's head of programming, you not going to find him on the peer to peer forums.

Agree that its rather strange that the SD is available but not the HD version in prime.  As near as I could tell, after quickly scanning the channel lists, this is the only channel that  that is so for HD channels that Verizon carries in other packages.

0 Likes